Ideas

Natasha Fraser

Does anyone know how to strengthen up ur knees so u can get closer to the lane?
If anyone has any ideas could u please let me know...

Also, any ideas on how to reinforce techniques so u know what u r doing every time u throw the ball down the lane. :confused:

Thanks

Does anyone know how to strengthen up ur knees so u can get closer to the lane?
If anyone has any ideas could u please let me know...
Also, any ideas on how to reinforce techniques so u know what u r doing every time u throw the ball down the lane. :confused:
Thanks

You can't actually strengthen your knees Natasha, what you want to do is strengthen your leg muscles, in particular your quadriceps (the group of 4 muscles in your upper legs). This can be achieved by many different types of exercise techniques such as lunges or squats (with or without weights) or simply by cycling (either on a stationary bike or regualr bicycle).

As for your second question, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but aside from the physical techniques you can use to practice your "shot" to get it more consistent, you could also use visualization techniques to help your mind to teach your body how to replicate the perfect shot each and every time. Explained simply, sit down somewhere quiet where you won't be disturbed, close your eyes and imagine yourself standing on the approach and visualize yourself going through the motions (from starting position to release/follow-through) of bowling the perfect shot, including perfect timing, great rhythm, great swing, ideal release, great follow-through. Visualize the ball going down the lane through your target/s, following the exact line you wish, reacting the way you would prefer, hitting the pocket in the perfect position and smashing the pins to smithereens. Use this technique for a few minutes at a time as often as you can. This technique will help your mind teach your body what it needs to do to perform a consistent shot.

Natasha. About your second point, there is a simple way of remembering, & the best thing is -- You don't actually have to try.
When we practice our technique, our muscles move, yeah? The more we practice, the more accustomed they become to moving that way. It's called muscle memory & this can be a good thing or a bad thing.
If you develop a bad habit without realising it, it is pretty hard ( and annoying) to get out of. An example, I once had an awful bent elbow, & it took hundreds of one steps, & weeks of practice to get out of it.
Anyways, the good thing about muscle memory is that when you finally do become accustomed to your technique, you only have to worry about timing & positioning.

Back
Top Bottom