How much does your center charge

Tiger i think at amf redcliffe the prices are the same its so god damn dear or if you are a league bowler you get practise rates which is like 3 games for 12 bucks

at ipswich,don't know what normal prices cost, but for league bowlers to practise it's $3.95 a game or $15 for an hour,lanes permitting.

I think in Tamworth we have the best practice rates for league bowlers.

Every 3 or 4 league games you bowl, you are credited with 2 games with you can claim for just $1.

Your bonus games are valid for two months which means at any one time for a league you would have up to 16 maximum and you can claim a maximum of 6 in one day. Also if you are bowling with a family member who isnt a league bowler, they get the $1 games too (on the league bowlers games). Its a great idea to try and introduce new players.

Bowling in two leagues means that i get 4 bonus games a week. Just this morning i went in for 4 games, had 187, 188, 202, 191...well worth $4.

I think its a great initiative introduced by my centre and i take full advantage of it by practicing every week.

People should keep in mind that prices have only risen since Maquarie has taken over AMF. I know that pricing has all gone the bowl Australia way since the new regional manager forhalf of Sydney is Brad Menachemson. People at Castle Hill may beable to pay through the nose but what about everyone else.

wow, i think my nose is gonna start to bleed looking at the prices. i just came over from singapore, the place where i do my practising charges only $1.50 a game(coz it's a kinda run-down place), and at the regular centres it's usually $3/game.

anyway anyone in newcastle?

Its even better when you are staff and in a league.
$2.20 per game..

Well for Canberra international in Tuggeranong, it costs us $15 for league in which we play 3 games. out side league it costs $5 for a lane for half an hour. Before we were taken over by amf at the beginning of the year it cost $14 for 3 league games, and we got 5 games for $17.50 so with the take over, we got pulled down quite a bit.

Tim Purcell :mad:

Vertigo said:
Well for Canberra international in Tuggeranong, it costs us $15 for league in which we play 3 games. out side league it costs $5 for a lane for half an hour. Before we were taken over by amf at the beginning of the year it cost $14 for 3 league games, and we got 5 games for $17.50 so with the take over, we got pulled down quite a bit.

are u serious? it costs me $3 a game for practise coz i get staff discount :) but thats how its always been, it didnt change after we got taken over by maquarie Leisure

Noarlunga charge $11 per game if you're not a league bowler. Shoes included.
League practice $5.50 per game, again including shoes.

We've just finished a "have-a-ball" league that was $16 per week inc shoes, for two games, and a "free" ball. For the new season they wanted to charge $16 per week plus shoe hire, with no "freebie". In the end we settled on $16 per week for two games inc shoes, and a "free" pair of shoes at some point during the season. Guess we're a "have-a-pair-of-shoes" league now.

The alternative was $14 inc shoes for two games, and no "freebie".

I'd like to know what Manhattan Superbowl charges at the moment? I didn't get much change from $100 for 2 * 3 games !! - and that was 5 years ago !!!

In the USA, rates are $US1.50 per game (non-league bowler).

Also, the beer prices at AMF are a rip-off - stubbies $4.20, rusky $7.50 Wow!!! ;)

Its funny.. how AMF/Maqaurie charge "Nightclub" Prices for there alcohol.. When
You are provided with no entertainment... (DJ's, Bands)... You are provided with No entertaiment at all.... yet pay prices... that only a nightclub could charge!!... Not smart thinking!!... If anything you should be charging "Bar" Prices... Thats the problem when people run Venues that sell alcohol.. and have never been involved in "Hospitaliity"....... Coz im pretty sure the $1000+ for a liqour license application , and then the 200+ renewl fee per year would not be worth it to the Smaller Bowls... who turn over next to nothing per week.... if its one thing AMF cant do its Capture any percentage at all... of the Bar/Nightclub/alcohol Market.. Selling Alcohol from a cafe....mmm thats professional... that wont improve the over all product that AMF offer to the public....

Anyway thats my Opinion :)

Mark Foster

Mark - you don't state the prices.

Noarlunga's prices are $4.50 for a VB stubbie, or $5.20 for a more "upmarket" bottle - Coopers etc.

Seems on par with prices in pubs so I guess it's fair. How do these comapre with other centres?

Ok - I don't know how to amend an existing post, so here are the Noarlunga charges in full:
Adult 1 game $11.00, 2 games $18.50, 3 games $22.50
Under 14 1 game $11.00, 2 games $16.50, 3 games $20.50
Student 1 game $11.00, 2 games $16.50, 3 games $2.50
Senior 1 game $9.50, 2 games $13.00, 3 games $20.50
Under 6 1 game $9.50, 2 games $13.50, 3 games $20.50
Members $5.50
Shoe Hire $3.00

Please post your scores in similar detail.
Many thanks.

Here in Toowoomba, as the two centres compete, games have come down dramatically. I bowl at Garden City Lanes, and games have come down to a flat rate of $4.00, where as at Sunset (Hear say only) they have dropped theirs to $4.50. That is $4.00 at Garden City lanes regardless of social or league.

Lucky us....... :D

B2

Just thought i would bring this on back up after my experience yesterday.
After droping daughter off at my exes, we had two to three hours to kill so we thought we would go and have some practice. We were in Cranbourne so of we went to the bowl there( never having bowled there before we thought we would give it a try) got all our gear out and went inside. Looked around and saw only one lane in use and nobody else in sight, went to the counter and ask for a lane, then got told it was $8.00 per game. There is some discount for bowlers that bowl there but nobody else!!!
So we we left and went down the road and bowled elsewhere and got 4 games for $16. We finished up spending $80 in that centre.
No wonder Cranbourne was next to empty and the other centre had half there lanes running and making money.

Gunther

I wouldnt mind movin 2 sum of the centers mentioned. Cairns league practise is like 5 bucks.(not inc. shoes). Cant give a very accurate rate on social bowlers....along the line of like $7 for a game. Shoes will b about $2 sumthing.
Correct me if im wrong Cairns bowlers.

Revisiting this particular topic one year apart, we see some changes. :-s

amfpricing134058et.jpg

And a year later.......
amfprices134060ua.jpg

I don't really need to say anything else.

Actually TIGER..you do have to say something else.

In the first Screen, the one game price you display didnt include shoe hire. Therefore 1 Adult game and shoes was $12.

In the second Screen, the one game price does include shoe hire. So the price for 1 Adult game (incl Shoes) is $14.00

2 and 3 Game prices in both boards includes shoe hire.

If quoting/displaying anything, it is always adviseable to give the full picture.

Bert

No, nothing else needs to be said. They wonder why people dont want to come bowling...I think the prices show it.

These prices are rediculous. Im guessing thats why they made so much profit these days. No wonder Amf dont really care about holding tornaments, not when people walk through the door and pay those prices.

Back
Top Bottom