How much better is it to be left handed

Jones,
Only I know the reason why Bradford changed hands. The right one was worn out. You know what I mean!!!!!!!!!.99 100 change hands.
Cheers Lovey

oh...... OK ....so that's why I tripped over his dog all the time and why he carried that cane!! Thx Lovell - I had no idea you guys were so close!

Jones.

Is this called fore-play between you 2. !! Get a room, oh you probably already done that!!

Tony

The only thing l do as a left hander is bowl, (cricket as well) everything else l do is right handed. Bowling left handed can be an advantage at times however when the lanes are tough righties can open up the lanes quicker but if the tournie goes long enough they burn it up as the left comes in. This is when all the righties whinge because we can still get it down the lane and the right side turns at the arrows. Belmo solved this problem by loffting the ball alot later in the day last weekend and posted some good scores, George overcame the left side early by using excessive speed off the edge until they opened up later in the day. George also hit the same spot shot after shot unlike many others, his speed control was also spot on. Bradford was also very accurate and great with ball selection and lines, that's why he won alot. Nothing to do with right or left, simply consistent and smart on their side of the lane. Having said all that, that's assuming that the condition was reasonably similar on both sides. SA Cup last January saw the left side play easier than the right, however the Melbourne Cup saw the left side taken out almost entirely by the oil machine. George got through by again bowling consistently in qualifying and in matchplay the right handers fried it up and George had the left side all to himself, of course he was going to make it to the stepladder. Left or right handed, the oil machine has the ability to have the biggest influence, but if it's even then it just comes down to bowling well.

Tony we'd ask you to join us but you're such an ugly SOB!!.............oh I should have added you as #5 on my list....it's that darned back swing you see!!

Merry Christmas old son...cheers Steve

That's why the Professional Golf Tour is littered with left handers. bahahahahahaha

3 left handers in the 100 world rankings hahahaha

With there being no advantage between right hander or a left hander in golf, this is perfect example.

Would that also be why there are so many left handed batsman playing cricket who are so good !!!

In the end it is only a matter of opinion and if you stop complaining and learn how to play the game better it wont bother you so much !!

Great question Roysa - and I WILL be a smart arse [note correct spelling] - so OTT I give you 3 examples of lefties who's timing is in the toilet Steve Bell, John Lilley [the Victorian ex Squash Bowl one], Ian Bradford [remember when] ....oh make it 4 ..add Lovell....who at the line looks like a waddling duck - or is that what he looks like on the way to the line - it's been so long since he was on the lanes I can't be sure!? Just because most every other leftie in history who averages 180+ has a swing like silk and moves life Fred Astaire has NOTHING to do with it!

Not sure if this is tounge in cheek about Lovell but my view is that Steve Lovell was one of the best Lefties this country ever had. We also had a few others who were okay too. Peter Zambelis was not bad in his day

Different with golf. There isn't the same range of forever improved clubs available in left-hand. Anyway, It would be better to eliminate the need for the original question, ' How much better, etc.' Ban left-handers from all sport.

oh my god , lovey one of the best, yes thats for sure, but too answer your question am i justifying what i say,? NO im not im just being a smart arse, but if you really think that you lefties dont have an advantage wake up and smell the roses(oops) i mean wake up and kiss my butt eswpecially you tony, in SA i mean you and brenton bowled well in hindly street together luv OTTY.

Haha, im trying to think of a Mars bar joke now!!! Actually a place like City Bowl would be good, lefties might have to get inside 15!! Of course the righties were in around 30 so i was told so maybe give that a miss.

Thanks Steve,

Merry Christmas to you too..........

Unfortuneatley we all cant be like Fred Allsop (Mr Smoothie).

I have had a life of pain being a left hander......with sore ears listening to the B.llsh.t. , but I've managed...........

Bradford managed quite well and was a legend in his own right!

Steve .....what can I say ??? Another legend!!

Afew guys I have looked up to over the years, especially when I was a junior!!

cheers

Tony

...Geoff 300 - clearly [well I thought "clearly"] my offerings have been tongue in cheek...well except the bit about Lovell who bowls like a three legged dog and always has done! Ott - as usual - appears to have the entire exercise well captured in his brief missive above.

If lefties are so bloody good at everything.
Lucky Tiger Woods isnt a left hander.
The tally would be up to 30 by now.

:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom