Finger Inserts

Hey Guys

Can anyone tell me what inserts they use and how good they are. Im currently using tenth frame and notice they wear out pretty fast.

Thanks People
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

I use Turbo 2-N-1 Quads, they have four different sides to them oval, power, contour and smooth. I'm not sure were you can get them in Australia though. Mine are great and I also get great wear out of them.

George
icon_biggrin.gif

I used to use Vise Grips and thought they were pretty good. Only problem being is they are a bit longer than other inserts and you need to drill your fingers a bit deeper to fit em in (either that or cut the inserts).

I use Vise grips also. As Graham said they are longer, in fact they are 42mm long so you do have to drill the finger holes deeper. But they are reversable so you can use both ends of the same grip. And they are durable. They certainly don't wear out nearly as fast of most other grips. I think Vise grips are excellent. I won't use anything else. Give them a try.!!!!!!!!

Turbo 2-N-1 Grips VS VISE

Hey guys,
I know this is an old topic but I was just thinking about this and didn't want to start a new thread when I could recycle this one.
I was wondering which brand of grips are most popular among bowlers? Turbo 2-N-1 Grips or VISE? Are there any other brands available in Australia or are these the only two? I've used both and it seems to me that the VISE is a much harder grip and has next to no movement when firmly pressed. I find the Turbo 2-N-1 Grips much softer and more forgiving. I recently had a set of what seemed to be generic AMF issue grips fitted in my ball and they felt cheap and nasty. I'm not sure what brand an average AMF Pro Shop stocks but the pair I got looked like they were worth 5c each! It amazes me how different a ball can feel in your hand by the type of grips you use.
What does everyone else think? Which brand works best for you all? :-k

Vise get my vote. I might be biased but if 65% of the players using grips on the Pro Tour use Vise they must be doing something right. I was recently at their plant in Stockton California and can tell you that there commitment to producing a first rate product is second to none. I was really surprised. Great company, and really focused on the sport of Bowling

Regards
James

i don't use any grips at all, feels great (natural) and there is no difference when needing to change from one ball to another. On top of this there is no cost involved as there was when i was using inserts. and i was changing inserts every 15 games as i would wear through them very quickly, (22 games a week min)

8 balls X 2 inserts = 16
16 inserts X $5 each = $80
$80 X 8 balls = $640 every 15 games/ball

I had used Tenth Frame, had them for awhile and they wore out quickly, tryed vise, a hell of alot more better but the lifters stiffed up after awhile, i dont know, maybe it was me, then i tryed Turbo 2n1 quads i think they are and they are the best, soo comfortable, easy to bowl with!

Brett

Nighteyes300 said:
i don't use any grips at all, feels great (natural) and there is no difference when needing to change from one ball to another. On top of this there is no cost involved as there was when i was using inserts. and i was changing inserts every 15 games as i would wear through them very quickly, (22 games a week min)
8 balls X 2 inserts = 16
16 inserts X $5 each = $80
$80 X 8 balls = $640 every 15 games/ball
Isn't your costs $80 all up for 8 balls x 15 games?

If you only get 15 games out of a set I might open a Pro Shop!!;)

Feral said:

Obviously you've never seen little Johnny bowl..... Got lift?:p

No grips for me :D Much smoother, cleaner, feels the same every ball, and gives. When it comes to customers, most prefer turbo quads due to their softer texture.

Feral said:
yeah something like, i only just got from work and brain isn't working to well just yet

I used grips years ago, went to straight drilled holes, but reactive balls just shred my hand. I now use Vise Grips. They feel like the holes I used to lovingly oval out and allow me to use 5/8" reverse pitch in the fingers, cutting my rev rate and laying the ball down earlier, giving me less snap. (Highly recommended in this age of hyperballs.) If I tried to use that much reverse with holes, I'd drop the sucker! As well as lasting longer, a firmer grip also gives you a better feel.

A mixture of Turbo Power Ovals in some gear, while a few balls still have 10th Frame. Difference in feel doesnt bother me in the slightest.

i like the little ridge on Tenth Frame and Vise inserts
ive found the Vise last alot longer than Tenth Frame for me but the sizes seem different between the two brands.

I have a combination of Turbos and 10th Frame.
Turbos are definatly better than 10th Frame...I have no revs/no fingers/no lift and there is wear on the 10th Frame inserts :eek:

I've used 10th Frame lifters for a few years now and I find them to be long lasting, comfortable, and they don't stiffen up and eat my fingers like my old generic ones used to do. So I'm surprised to hear so many complaints about them!

I had a ball drilled once in juniors with no lifters, just straight drilled fingertip. A year's woth of problems with my ring finger later, and I'll never be doing that again.

I've just had a ball punched out with Turbo Quads so I'll see how I go with those.

I use white turbo nubs...dimples on the pad feels great for me

As for longer inserts, dont drill deeper, just cut em.

Back
Top Bottom