Country Championships

Maybe he didnt drink as much this tourny due to the alcopops goin up :p lol
While it is fresh in people's minds I'd be curious to know what people think of the "new" masters format.
Personally i don't think 10 pins for a win is a big enough reward. The old format of double knockout was very much focussed on winning head to head (too much so) whereas the new system (basically) rewards high average. I think it should reward a combination of both.
Our local masters has a 30 pin bonus for a win and this makes it much more important to win your point. 170 and a win is as important as 200 and a loss.
This is not designed to be negative comment as I much prefer the round robin system to the old double knockout. I'm just asking if anyone else would like to see more emphasis on winning matches or if they are happy with the way it is.
BEER diet only, and I obviusly had not had as much as Mr Farky and Suzie!
30 pin for a win would have seen me in third and with a 7 pin loss in the last game could have grabed second............ I like it!:D
reputation counts for a lot, avg 198 win 5, Wozz avg 206 and only win 3... Weak as piss! Half Wozza doesnt scare anyone any more!!!!!!!!!

I liked the new masters format this year as it was more fun and everyone got a fair go but as for the bonus pins i think ten is enough as one of the graded bowlers on the weekend had a handicap of 62 and by the time they come out and bowl a 170 and with a handicap like that they end up with 232 were the rest of us only had low thirtys so it made it fair on the bigger averages but at the end of the day it was a great day and congrates to all the winners.

Paul :)

No worries we will work on that FLASH;)
Glad that you had a great weekend - would have been a very different condition than you used to

i was thinking something like 'guns' or something :p lol.
i tend to have different nicknames with different groups of people so 'flash' is already taken.

be original guys!

yeah very different condition to what i'm used to... think i learned a fair bit this w/e :)

Well done to all. Would of love to of been there but im on the injured list for the end of the year so yeah. Hope all enjoyed bowled well but more importantly drank plenty of fluids after the bowling.

Motta i rekon you mite be right about 1/2 Woza.

Deano

Well Done to all the winners!!!

To Matt Chettleburgh & Paige Williams & Sol, thank you for an enjoyable 3 games on Saturday. Yes I am the big bald bloke with the prison shirt!!

I wish to thank the Morwell Bowl, a great day bowling (for me).

Cheers
Jason King

reputation counts for a lot, avg 198 win 5, Wozz avg 206 and only win 3... Weak as piss! Half Wozza doesnt scare anyone any more!!!!!!!!!
Me scare anyone - It has just taken you guys 10+ years to work out what the true gentleman I am on the lanes;)
I was a bit sceptical about the masters format - Have only bowled double elimination before
After bowling it - I have to say I didnt mind the format. You not only have a direct openent every game you have 6 others. It is the first time that I have only recieved 10 pins for a win. Other times it has been 20 pins and a few times bowling with Peterson points a win was worth one point (50 pins). I will tend to agree that although the 10 pins didnt really punish you it kept the contest alot closer than it would have been if it was 20 pins and if I was able to get 3 more pins in the second last game against Kev then the results would have been vastly different I would have won Kev 2nd and Dave third with only 6 pins between us. Ahhh hindsight a wonderful thing.
But take nothing away from Kev he deserved his win he had the runs on the board early and was able to hold off a number of late finishing challenges. Out of all the Country masters it was most probably the hardest win that he has had to date
Hey Jase at least my 205 ave and 3 wins got me some beer money:beerchug:

BEER diet only, and I obviusly had not had as much as Mr Farky and Suzie!
Ah yes Kevs secret weapon Suzie - Has caught both Farky and Chandler out on numerous occasions now and with young Tori learning the ropes - When will you guys learn ;)

Hey Jase at least my 205 ave and 3 wins got me some beer money:beerchug:
Yes well thats my own fault, 5/2 in the tenth to lose to Millsy and cost me 1st (if Kev missed and Chris beat him), 2nd and 3rd. **** happens and i am slowly on the way back with some long lost nastyness and agression for a couple of games! (Beating Wozza with 213-217 icluding the last 4 was....SWEET) Maybe next time, Kev deserved his win as it was hard for everyone and the top 5 could have laid claim to winning with one game to go. Well done

Back
Top Bottom