Copy Twin Tour in Vic?

Gary

Lance from Victoria is running a poll on format's for a comp is looking at your comp. Twin Tour let him know if you think it is good value or format ok as we in Victoria have no tour or year long comp AMF have started something not sure how it's going to go, your's sound's great lot's of bowler's of all standard's bowling!

Gary...............................................:cool:

Sounds like a great idea, it really is a fantastic Tour! I have only bowled in the tour this year (rounds 1 & 2) but it is well organised, seems to attract good numbers, and with both Scratch and handicap it really is a comp everyone can compete in. It is great fun and when you can get 8th or so in a division and still win your money back you have to be happy with that. Mary Flower is the person to speak to if you want to find out more Gary.
P.S But you can't have our Flower, you will have to find your own:D :D :D

Gary, I have sent info re Twin Tour to almost every State - the same results keep coming back - scratch bowling is the ULTIMATE !!!! WE WANT BIG $$$$$$$$$$$. Our major focus is on the handicap bowlers - Men have a maximum handicap of 35 and the Ladies have a maximum handicap of 45.....separate divisions - over 200 average and you are in the MINUS CLUB (minus handicap!) - to me, this is encouraging the 'not quite elite!!' bowlers to compete and we get great support from the scratch and tournament bowlers - THEY are not happy with minus handicaps but it has not deterred them from continuing to bowl - and after all, THEY DO get a discount on membership and a packet of Smarties!!!!!

The handicap payout is the major payout and the scratch division is very little but you can cash in both......and bowlers WILL support a tournament with $70 for 10 games and a $275 first place - however, be warned that it takes many years to build up the integrity and network to get the mindset of most bowlers changed.....the locals are WELL-TRAINED, supportive and are our best sponsors up here !!!!! The Powder Puff Tour for the ladies only, has been running since the early 90's on this format and the boys wanted part of this format. Word of mouth is the best encouragement and we have great $$$ sponsors also (including Pearson Automotive as our major sponsor and the bowling centres themselves with great game charges!)

All the people I have sent the info. to say the same thing - Oh, we will swap the payout system and make the Scratch division the major prize fund.......

There are enough tourns. around for the Open bowlers surely, and maybe 10 games on different conditions, with different bowlers would greatly improve anyone's bowling - trust me, Gary, it does not make any difference to the competitiveness of any of the bowlers. As the subject of 'Why do I bowl?' is a forum topic at the moment - the Twin Tour motto is 'The Twin Tour is for bowlers who love to bowl' and I think the support from the locals and not-so-locals would bear this out.......

The Twin Tour forum should give you any info. you need to cost the tour and give you Prize Fund details......we have increased the Prize Funds with the more than expected numbers in 2006 also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The numbers in the Vic 150 in the handicap division plus the scratch division entries are an example of how to encourage more bowlers - numbers are important when negotiating game charges in the centres and sponsorship !

GOOD LUCK
FLOWER

I'm with Lana on this one!! I have bowled this tournament for 3 years this year and i reckon its a really good tournament because you get to travel to different centres and meet alot of new people!! I am only 15 and i bowl in the tournament it really is a tournament for everyone!! And also as Lana said Mary Flower is the person to talk to as she runs the tournament alongside some other great people!!

If you guys in Vic can get it going you will have it made.

I have to be honest i only bowled the first Twin Tour of the year because it doubled up as the De Veer roll off, but i had so much fun i backed up for the second and will now in bowl them all.

I love the atmosphere, everyone is out there competing hard but at the same time its a hell of a lot of fun.

Mary and her team do an awesome job.

Its ok Pete....we won't steal your flower, just her brilliance....perhaps you could put on a skirt, move to sunny Melb (it is you know...sometimes) and be our own little blossom.......lol :p :p
Luv Cheryl

The tour is about the only time that the average bowlers can compete against the better scratch bowlers and actually have a go because we know that we still actually stand a chance...... Now in reality its a good chance to broaden your bowling skills going up against the higher averages...... I've bowled it for a year and a half now and love it, one of the best tournaments here. Congrats to Flower and the rest of her team.

Great work Mary

Good to see you and your team's hard work being appreciated. We all thank you for the work and effort you put in to make Twin Tour a great tournament for all.

Well Done

Back
Top Bottom