Australian Youth Open

A

all_star_mel

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the Australian Youth Open coming up in August??
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

If you are talking about the one at Penrith... i bowl there and there has not even been any talk about it there at all...

The dates for the 2001 AMF Australian Youth Open (AYO) at Penrith have been changed to the 1st and 2nd of September, presumably to avoid what, previously, was a date clash with the South Australian Under 23. If this is the reason for the new dates, AMF and the Tournament Directors are to be commended for their flexible attitude.
icon_smile.gif

Entry Forms for the AYO are now available from the Penrith Bowl (telephone # 02 4721 0328). Some details of this Scatch Tournament are:

Open to all "current financial members of TBAL" who are under 23 years of age as at 1st January 2001, with all bowlers (Male and Female) bowling in a single Division.

Ten (10) games of Qualifying on 1st September in one of two squads. Squad A, check-in 8.30am, bowl 9.00am or Squad B, check-in 12.30pm, bowl 1.00pm.

Cut to Top 14 bowlers, who will bowl 13 games of Matchplay on 2nd September (check-in 9.00am sharp) with 20 bonus pins for a win and 10 bonus pins for a draw. QUALIFYING PINFALL DROPPED AND NO STEP-LADDER FINAL.

Entry Fee: $100. Total Prize Fund $3,910, based on 40 bowlers (a very good return). 1st prize - $700, paying down to $120 for 14th place (assuming 40 bowlers). Other prizes: Top qualifier $100, Top non-qualifying Female $80, High Game Male and Female $50 each.

GaryM,

The AYO Entry Form lists Barbara Marcollini and Robyn Pearson as the TD's. (My apologies if either of the foregoing spellings are wrong.)

If you want an entry form, you could either call the 'phone number shown above or post your fax number and I send you a copy.

Hey Hedley

Kellie here would you be able to somehow get an entry form to me so I can have a look. Unfortunately I dont have a fax though.

Thanks a million champ
icon_biggrin.gif

Kel

Hi Kel,

Greenslopes next Monday evening, if I don't see you in some other bowling alley before then
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

They call it the Australain Youth Open, yet the prize money is $700 for 1st?
Please come on, how do you suppose you arwe going to attract the best Youth Bowlers in Australia with a prize pool looking like that. For example, what would someone from WA or NT have to pay all up with Accomodation and Airfare to bowl in something like this from WA- NT to Penrith, for $700...being 1st prize
you would barely break even.
I say if they want to run a tournie with the best Youth Bowlers in Australia, the prize money has to be bigger to attract the best bowlers from all around Australia.
The SA under 23's has a better prize pool then that, $1000 for 1st im sure.
I would like to see all the best Youth and Junior bowlers compete in this, however i cant see that happening for 1st place being $700. Whats everyone else's opinion on this?
I say raise the money and i bet you will get alot more quality bowlers. Thats just my opinion. Besides, i believe its a week before SPC?? empty ur pockets parents LOL
icon_confused.gif

Can someone please send me an entry form for the Australian Youth Open. I do not have a fax tho. If u can send it by email, my email address is [email protected], or my home address. Whoever can send it to my home address please contact me in private. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom