A problem.

P

Patton

Originally Posted by robbo69
U can boot the ball return as much as u like and get away with it at morwell
cause the association is a bunch of pusseys
trust me i know

-

I must say that out of all the centres that I have bowled league at, Morwell certainly has the most offenders of "Breaching Code of Conduct" (trying to find the diplomatic phrase here).

It seems to be like a virus in there. I have actually seen some of the juniors watching the adults and then copy them when they bowl.

Why is this attitude so predominant in Morwell?

-

I have had to bann my 6yr old for one week because you lot teaching him it is ok to carry on like children it has started at school too.

-

It's in my humble opinion that if kids as young as six are picking up the bad habits of adults (and juniors) who should know much better, then we've got a serious problem down here.

Sure we can have a good ol' fun game of bowls without loud vocal and physical abuse of inanimate objects, eh?

Good on ya Patton for starting the thread.

I have posed a question and would be interested in some opinions.

Liz

Its called Speckled Dodo syndrome, Mick, Brian, Wayne Me are all subjected to it.
For those wondering is Jason on the booze again the answer is........... well yes but thats not the point, the syndrome consites of being a protected species, this species has although in the last year or so been almost extinct to the point that there are nearly no survivours!

It seems to be like a virus in there. I have actually seen some of the juniors watching the adults and then copy them when they bowl.
Why is this attitude so predominant in Morwell?

Are you sure that you were in the right bowl or were you using xray vision from your backyard :mad:

Whilst this is not the place to air the dirty washing so to speak - a more appropiate action would be to take the matter to the source of the problem.

I will say this - there is a lack of consistancy of how the code of conduct is enforced - in the past the juniors have been come down on like a ton of bricks (and rightfully so) whilst the adults have endurred a much softer approach - I didnt see that or hear that although they are only meters away.

I welcome the code of conduct with its enforcement - it is an unfortunate area of the sport that we do not need and the rules are in place to prevent it from happening.

Have i been guilty of breaking the code of conduct - Regretfully yes and have recieved the appropiate penalty as such - but not on every occasion

The term "speckled dodo" or "Golden Child" has come about for these reasons - the inconsistancy in the enforcement of the code of conduct.

The code of conduct is there for a very good reason - to stamp out the unwanted actions in our sport - but it is only a tool - It requires a good operator using the tool correctly to do a good job. In our past it has been the operator that has let the tool down.

The blame cannot be laid solely on the implementation of the rules and regulations. Whether they are enforced or not is another issue - and still a serious one - but shouldn't those who are performing such disturbing actions know far, far better? There wouldn't be an issue with the implementation of the rules and regulations IF the bowlers themselves would follow them in the first place.

Frustration is easy to understand, but there are better (and quieter, and less visible) ways of expressing it when you're on (and hopefully you'd express it OFF) the lanes.

The problem i have found with Morwell bowl is as a bowler if your standing outside the ( IT ) crowd of the bowl you seem to get watched like a hawk and trust me i know but once you make ccup or start to get along with this crowd you can get away with almost anything and i can sit here and say it cause it happen to me and i dont mind to admit it.

The blame cannot be laid solely on the implementation of the rules and regulations. Whether they are enforced or not is another issue - and still a serious one - but shouldn't those who are performing such disturbing actions know far, far better? There wouldn't be an issue with the implementation of the rules and regulations IF the bowlers themselves would follow them in the first place.

Frustration is easy to understand, but there are better (and quieter, and less visible) ways of expressing it when you're on (and hopefully you'd express it OFF) the lanes.

Humans are creatures of habit, the more you do something the easier it is, to swear alot or go mental in a mechanics environment or on the farm under a tractor everyday seems natural to that person, boil up in a situation outside of that environment and you WILL get the same reatcion, it force of habit.
Allow that to continue in the the above mentioned place and it will continue for as long as you let it, it is human nature.

I am a hothead, i admit it, like it or love it thats who I AM. I try and behave but I am pasionate about everything, if you dont like the way i do s.h.i.t deal with it, either pis.s off or tell me to, its as simple as that, i may not always do it but at least you should have the nuts to approach the situation!

I am a hothead, i admit it, like it or love it thats who I AM. I try and behave but I am pasionate about everything, if you dont like the way i do s.h.i.t deal with it, either pis.s off or tell me to, its as simple as that, i may not always do it but at least you should have the nuts to approach the situation!

You been sniffin' them there coal fumes again??:p

Rob

You been sniffin' them there coal fumes again??:p

Rob

Yeah........ like it or love it....... doesnt leave much else there does it!
It could be the half a million litres of fuel i sit next to every day at the terminal?
I am a chilled out mellow dude now anyway....... after a couple of frothys;)

Hallelujah! :D

Yeah........ like it or love it....... doesnt leave much else there does it!
It could be the half a million litres of fuel i sit next to every day at the terminal?
I am a chilled out mellow dude now anyway....... after a couple of frothys;)

Always thought you were;) Especially seeing you and Deano being passionate with each other on the approaches and all.

Rob

I dont think that anyone goes out with the intent of breaking the rules - ie I dont go into the bowl with the soul purpose of equipment abuse every time i miss a spare just like the tennis player that goes in with the intent of breaking a racket every time he loses a point or the afl footballer goes in with the intent of getting suspended for a week for hittting someone behind play. It is not in the spirit of the game no matter which sport you play

You are correct John McEnroe is one example of what not to do. But he still did it time and time again every persons make up is different - maybe you could try abit of home therapy before you set yourself loose on the rest of the bowling fraternity. By less visible I assume that you mean you can still blow your stack so to speak as long as no one is watching
Although it would have been funny if "the One" came back in with one bowling shoe because his other one was on the roof of the building across the road :D

Made sure it was the right shoe, being the non-sliding foot, so would have been able to chuck on another one, Ha!

Back
Top Bottom