2009 Melbourne Cup planned for June

Turn off all the flashing lights and buzzers from amusement machines, I would like to see that... no hope these days. It is hard to envisage what it would be like without them these days. Some of these are really annoying.

I can remember paying to watch the Melb Cup at Ringwood.

It was run like a tournament should be.... They even turned the amusement machines off so they didn't distract the bowlers. Like to AMF do that!!

I remember AMF Kedron doing this for the QLD Cup back in about 2002. There was one particularly annoying machine where the lights went around and around in a circle and it just never shut up.

Your right Lovey you and everyother champ beat me & Jonesy you also beat me but not always in bowling. Trivia was your strong point if I remember correctly...:(

It is interesting in reading this thread the idea of someone owning the rights to the name "Melbourne Tenpin Cup"

Using the resources of one of my former employers (Trademarks Office) I noted that a recent application was lodged to own the rights to such wording...:eek:

The application is in the examination stage, but it will be interesting to see the outcome of the application.

If accepted and passed, then the new owner would have exclusive rights to the wording for the services they have nominated (ie Tenpin Bowling events)

I believe that's been done before.

Who owns the rights to the name "Walter Rachuig Trophy" ? I'm told it's a victorian...

Maybe we should get somebody like Betfair on board and have them sponsor the tournament. Hey you can bet on every other sport and i rekon that it would be interesting to see how it would go. Its definitley a far out suggestion thats why its a suggestion.

Deano

Back
Top Bottom