Why????

S

Shelbe

Ok i've put that other topic in on when did you start now i want to know why you started?

I started cos both my brothers were doing it. then later on i actually wanted to do what my eldest brother was doing and make sheild team so i worked hard to get it and i have!!!
now i want to bowl 300 hopefully it wont be much longer till i do!
Anyways so why did you all start???
cheers luv always shellby
xoxoxox
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

Hey shellby,

the reason i started was because made parents made me a deal...

i could stop playing cricket if i took up another sport. So as i bowled once a holidays and really enjoyed it, bowling was competitive sport attempt #4. And i have been bowling ever since

Ironic now that my league's team name which aidan and i bowl in is now called "Shoulda played cricket"

But thats why i started

Well, I started because of my parents. Both are former Rachuig bowlers, and I was at the bowl 3 nights a week since i was 6 months old!! So basically it just naturally.

Quit in 1988, after Mornigton Bowl went through a change of owners ect ect, and went downhill.

During that time, I decided to concentrate on golf for 11 years and was fortunate to make state teams for 6 years. That was till I got a job at the bowl in 1999. Then I got hooked on bowling again (stupid move!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
)

Been back bowling since then, after 11 years, and hoping to make Rachuig for the first time this year.

Umm, I started becoz one of my friends rang me and asked me if I wanted to join a league, so I did
icon_smile.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

I started when a person in me bros team broke his collarbone n he asked me 2 fill in and it took off from there!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

I've been going to bowling at Moonah since 1977 when my Mum and two Aunties bowled in the Wednesday Night league - I still bowl in it now.
I played school football and soccer and took up bowling out of curiosity.
Started in 1983 and played for 17-years before retiring for a while in 2000.
I took it back up again about 3-months later and am still going....just

Hey every1...
i started bowling because hmmmm.. well it was a every now and again thing there 4 a while wif mum and her friends then 1 of her friends 1 day asked me if i wanted 2 join a league ad i did..

Having to drop every otha sport i was doin,, im really glad i took up bowlin ya know its so much better then anyotha sport i think...

anyhow catch yas
take care
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_confused.gif

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Hey everybody, Well I started bowling becoz I used to bowl socially every now and then.
Aand then one day I just decided to start a league. And ever since i've loved bowling and neva regretted it!!!!

hey, the reason why? well my aunty got me to bowl wif my cuz and his friends. I didn't want to at first, then thought 'hell, i can do this' and havent stopped for 12 years. by the way i was only 4 when i started, so everything was a little weird. but i love it

I started bowling as i was going out with a bowler and I was spending a lot of time at the bowl so i decided i might as well give it a go and so here i am.

Luv Em

well why did i start???... in 1989 i remember watching it on the television one afternoon, and then pointed at the screen and told my dad "i wanna do this!!!" and i still am doing this.

I started bowling ages ago because i figured if i was going to be at the bowl with that Aunt of mine
(all you Tassie's & Vick's know Louise right?)
well anyway if i was going to be there i may as well see what the fuss was about...
plus i had a secret desire to beat my aunt one day.
i started, got hooked and here i am.

i started bowling cuz my bro was doing it.. i wanted to become as good as him and i hope im almost there
icon_wink.gif

i used to bowl allygators league as a junior till around 90 when i had to give up the sport for financial reasons (mum couldnt afford it) took it back up in 96 where i went for sheild.. i ****ed so i did nt make shield.. so i concentrated on bettering myself.. and two years later i made rachuig in one of the biggest upsets in tassie bowlings history lol and so far i haev made 3 rachuigs from 3 attempts which i am very proud of
icon_smile.gif

cheers

luko

Hey everyone,

I started bowling because my mum was the manager of the Dust Bowl in Alice Springs and basically it took off from there. She used to be the assistant manager of Footscray Bowl a long time ago and I probably bowled way back then too but I was too young to remember. I started late in 1988 and won my first junior tournie at 9 years of age in 1991. Not that it is relevant to this topic but I thought it was worth a mention. Anyway, I am hoping to get back into bowling after 6 months off. Not sure when but soon I hope!
icon_smile.gif

Take it easy all.
icon_biggrin.gif

i started bowling coz my dad is a bowler and i was there watching him all the time and so he put me in a league and i went from there..
Seeya
xox

well... i started cuz when i was little (a few years ago
icon_biggrin.gif
) i was a daddys girl, and my dad started bowling, and so did i!!
icon_biggrin.gif

luv yas!
jess xxx
icon_razz.gif

i started bowling cause it was the family thing 2 do. so ive been bowling 4 as long as i can rememba! when i was young i would follow my brothers and my dad around 2 tournaments and wateva else and all i wanted 2 do was bowl so i wasnt sitting around watching all the time, and now they are the ones that come and watch me bowl (every now and then) i like the reverse roles. love yas
love loz
icon_wink.gif

Started bowling coz of 2 reasons...

1) my mum and dad both were bowlers a long time ago, so we thought keep it in the family

2) mum took me and my bro to an introduction lesson when our centre first opened at the end of 2000. joined a league that day and went from there.

Back
Top Bottom