What is the Greatest Bowling Feat You've Ever Witnessed?

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day Folks,

This might have been an outstanding performance, an amazing spare to win a match or make a cut or just something that blew you away. Maybe you even did it! Something that made you think "Wow... That's great bowling!"

Tell us your favourite awesome bowling memory!

Cheers,
Jason

I spared the 4-6 last week.. being two handed and doing it by knocking the 6 into the 4 directly.. I actually was quite happy.

But of an ACTUAL achievement to win or something, one that sticks out is the QS state junior masters in 2003 at Chermside, when Ben Allen converted the 6-7-10 split in the 10th frame to stay alive in the final.

Silvano Prez - Winning the SA cup - 1986 - I remember him bowling 800+ for 3 games - Its what made me get into bowling -well Him, Tony stoppel & Gary Jeffery. They were awesome to watch.

I spared a Greek Church to win our league once.
Bowled 299 in the Austalian Open - damn 10 pins!

Dave K :)

Tom Baker Won the 2004 PBA World Championship at age 50.
Ave 217.75

Shows you anyone has a chance

Frosty:rolleyes:

Whatching Mark Dodds bowl a perfect 300 last week and follow it up with a 299 the next day\\:D/
And then watching Nicole Addamo bowl her 1st 300 game then follow it up with a 280 the very next game sensational!!!:eek:nfire:
Cheers Mary Dodds

For me it would have to be back in 1996 bowling in the manhattan super classic and $100,000 was up for a 300 and watching frawley ride about 3 lanes to take it, i swear he must have jumped about 4 feet in the air and boy did the crowd go balistic, but it had to be shared with bradford as he bowled one the next day (wasn't there for that one). That's one moment i will never forget.=D> =D> =D>

not in the same league as some of the above, but one thing that i can always remember was watching a junior bowling at cannon hill one day, cant remember his name, but i know it had something to do with a goldpin series. Bowled two pretty average games to start with and his team were way behind, but seemed to recover a little and rolled a neat 200 in the 3rd. In the last game he started with a couple of open frames, with some real nasty wash outs, he went over to his seat, towel over his head and just sat there still for 5 mins or so till it was his turn to bowl again. He then walked up to his bowling bag, pulled out a different ball, totally changed his line (was playing down the boards) and proceeded to play an outside line. Bagged out from the 3rd with 10 in a row, won his point, won head to head by 9 pins and the team won the overall by 3 pins by shooting a 250+ in the process. Every shot was exactly on target, it was like he had it on the end of a string and would let it out then wind it back in when it had gone deep enough.

Ive bowled with quite a few people over the years and ive never seen someone so relaxed, yet focused on the game as that, i think a bomb could have gone off and he still would have been riding the outside.

So many memories!

Norm Green going 289-265-247 for 801 at Moonah in 1996 with an old middle 60's Dynamite rubber houseball ranks up there with the best. Unbelievable :eek:

Watching Tasmania win the Boys division in the 1990 President Shield at Moonah was very exiting to watch.
The whole centre was packed to the rafters, and it was nailbiting tension throughout that final day, the locals were almost lifting the roof off the bowl everytime a Tasmanian struck.
When Andrew Tylutki struck to win it for Tasmania, the roar was like nothing I've ever heard, to a man, the whole place jumped up to cheer.
The stands rocked and shook, it was like being on the terraces at the football.

Seeing Ian Bradford bowl 300 at the Tassie Open in 1990 was awesome as it was the first 'live' 300 for me.
I walked out of the bowl when Paul Lucock had the front 8 back in 1988, no one had ever shot 300 at Moonah in the 26 years it had been opened, so I figured it wouldn't happen - mum wakes me up at 7am the next morning and lobs the paper at me - I was surprised to look at the front page of the local rag and here he was with a giant article on the 300!
Disappointed I missed out on history though.

Watching Ashley Riley and Ian Bradford trade strikes for a number of games on end at each other vying for the Australian Masters title at Clayfield back in '94, it was clear these two were the real shows of winning it, and the action was great.
Up one end was the Tasmanian supporters all barracking for Ash (with a fair few others) and all the Vics up the other end cheering on Bradford.
Two great players busting their guts to win it.
It was like State Of Origin - great atmosphere :D

Watching virtually the entire bowl pour down onto the approch to lift Simon Gourlay into the air when he shot his first 300 a couple of years back was unbelievable.
There wasn't a dry eye in the house.
Androo's two 300's in 48 hours as well as Chris Commane's two in two days was another great feat.

Adam Johnson motoring through the field at the Under 21 Coke in 1993 absolutely destroying them, averaging in the 240's with a Black Hammer.
Some of Ashley Riley and Paul Lucock's displays in tournaments over the years here, and blowing my own trumpet for a sec, shooting 300 on a pair of lanes with over 10-boards difference between them, throwing hard on one lane and slow on the other - the highest score on the pair below mine was 172 - and there were some very good players on that pair.

Many good memories over the years, I've been priviledged.

Frank Ryan's 300 to win (from behind) the AO from Craig Bourke (I think). Can't remember the year.

Watching the great Merv Hughes take a hat trick against the West Indies in the 1988 Boxing Day test.
NOTHING LIKE BOWLING A MAIDEN OVER.

Watching the great Merv Hughes take a hat trick against the West Indies in the 1988 Boxing Day test.
the only thing better than that was his send of to gordon greenidge

something like
on ya #$#$$$ bike ####

I'd have to say my back-to-back 6-7-10 split conversions during league a few weeks ago.

That said, it was in the warm-up both times and I miserably failed to convert the same split later in the evening :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Pete View Post

that is classic i must say might top the rest

Back
Top Bottom