WA President Shield Team- A Pot Stirrer

P

Plantpot

Time is moving on, trials start soon,who is gonna make the teams, who would make good captains.

Ps.Dont 4get the gyro goes awesome, unless the real deal has eaten it!!!!!!!
icon_cool.gif

I reckon the guys team is going to pretty tough to pick this year with trials where they are but some guys off the top of my head are: Michael Cox, Ben McLoughlin, Leigh Seager, Chris Hall, Allan Gilbert, Chris Barratt, and i'm sure there are others but i cant think of them right now. As for the girls, its anyones guess really.
icon_smile.gif

yes trials are only a matter of weeks away and it will be interesting to see who makes it in 2002 for shield.
for the boys, with 4 or 5 of this years squad leaving, it should give a few of the young bowlers of this state a chance to step up and go further in their bowling lives. i am very much intrigued and looking forward to see who will make it, especially with the diverse conditions they will have to bowl on during these trials.
as for the girls, it should be the same, a mix of the experienced and not so experienced that should make up the squad.

anyway good luck to all the bowlers nominating for the trials. it shall be an interesting 4 days of bowling.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Well with a few of us guys dropping out this year it will be hard to know who will make it as you know anything could happen . But there is a lot of good juniors comming up from cannington thanks to he hard work and time put in from Ken Thompson . Well as for the captains :
Boys : Michael Cox ( had the plesure of bowling with him 2000 and is a great teamplayer and will be a good bowler in years to come , and has the most experience out of all the boys at the moment .

Girls : It will have to be the same as last year Toni Woodcock is by far the stronget and done well with the captaincy last year .

Well thats all 4 now
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif

I know i am 1000 years old and dont belong in a junior bowling site ,but i dont know many of the kids anymore.I have been around for donkeys years and i can count on one hand the juniors who have made a decent fist of bowling seniors .So whoever does make it please stick with it and keep practising and bowl in the tournamounts we need more people coming through.I have upset all the bowlers we have at the moment and need some more to annoy and harras lol.Good luck to all trying out.
p.s. saw one young kid on the weekend Ben mcloughlin i think was his name looks like he can play a bit so good luck ben .
wimpy (ex junior and old fart)

Wimpy, if you had used Palmolive instead of sandpaper, you would only look 200 instead,and that Ben was handicapped 8 pins in an adult tourney, Kury might be right.
icon_wink.gif

Youd all be suprised to see who makes the team. Sure Leigh and Michael are great bowlers, but there are others that could easily make the team. I've bowled against Allan Gilbert and Chris Barratt and beat them both, so be suprised to see two guys from Warwick making the team.

hey all, steve, ben is a great bowler. he beat me to bowlinng a 300!! To all good luck in the trials and I wish every one merry christmas.
icon_cool.gif

That's nice Slipknot that there's up and coming bowlers from Warwick, but I'm sure there's up and coming bowlers from all centres, and I hope there are new bowlers trying out for the boys and girls teams.

Back
Top Bottom