V8 Supercars - BATHURST 1000

Murderdoll

INSINR8R
Well seems like Bathurst is here again, tis goin to be a great race. Personally I think that

MARK SKAIFE/TODD KELLY will win the race

GO HOLDEN GO SKAIFE

But who does everyone think will win it???
Later

Naturally i was gunning for the Fords, particularly Ambrose and Ingall. Also Seton, who deserves a win at Bathurst. Unfortunately, Seto and Lowndes could only manage second! But well done to Murphy/Kelly, what a performance! Lap record in qualifying, and then a victory leading from start to finish. Doesn't get much better! (except it was a holden of course :p !)

Mighty Falcons

Yep spent the day on the couch nursing a hangover watching the great race for another year. I really thought it was the year for the mighty Falcon having not won since '98. The BA Falcon has been awesome this year with Ambrose leading the drivers championship and they look great. But what can you say about Murphy, was last out yesterday and pipped Bowe for poll with the fastest lap ever recorded on the mountain and led pretty much from go to whoa. A faultless performance and the "General" never missed a beat. And young Kelly the youngest ever winner at Bathhurst only 20 yrs old. Oh well maybe next year......Go Ford!!......Baron

PS.... Might have to try some of that Shell Optimax in the big V8 next refill......couldnt believe thats all they use.

Bit of a joke pulling Skaife in when they did. I mean, the problem occured 15 laps prior, or so the commentary reported.
I agree with the FPR team protesting as I remember the incident that occured earlier this year where someone was forced to make a pit stop to have the door taped shut. And Skaife should've been made to do the same when it occured.
The issue I have is the delay in the decision till such a critical point in the race. I mean, in AFL if I make a decision as an umpire, then change it 1 second later, or even wait more than a second to make a decision, the players, parents & coaches suddenly will lose confidence in my ability, in which case I would lose control of the game.
They made a decision not to do anything about it, they should stick by it, not change it 15 laps down the road because another team protests.

Back
Top Bottom