The Passing of Bern Wendt.

ChrisG

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I announce the passing of Bern Wendt last Saturday afternoon.

Bern, aka Bertie Beetle, was 70 years young, an avid bowler and was this years Restricted Masters winner and also manager of the Kingaroy Association Challenge Men's Team this year. Bern is survived by his wife, Lenelle, who was the Ladies manager for the challenge this year.

He was a great friend and will be truly missed by everyone here at the bowl.

The funeral will be held this Thursday at the Linville Cemetery at 11 am.

Chris Grundon
President
Kingaroy Tenpin Bowling Association.

What a shock :( my condolences to his family, even though he was old in age he was young at heart, always good for a laugh whenever we played kingaroy.Always had a smile even when bowling bad,will be sorely missed by all. R.I.P Bern

I am very shocked to here the passing of Bern…

To Lenelle my thoughts are with you, your friends and family at this hard time…

I still cannot believe this…It seems like only yesterday that I saw Bern at Bundy bowl at the Association challenge and I can assure you those memory’s are great ones to have…The match between the Gold Coast and Kingaroy Men’s Team’s this year was one of the highlights for me from the event… Seeing Bern laughing with near tears in his eyes the whole match will be a special memory I will hold with me…

I met Bern for the first time at Kingaroy Bowl many years ago, where he followed me all day to do the lane scores during qualifying…This guy could chat your ears off I remember thinking…He was a great man and always had a great story to tell me every time I caught up with him, he will be sadly missed…

:rip: Bern

To Lenelle, I was so sad to hear of Bern's passing .... you were both so happy at Assn. Challenge and life was so full for you both. My sympathy goes out to you at this time.

Mary Flower

To lenelle, i pass on my condolences. very shocked to hear the news, always enjoyed bowling against kingaroy with bernie there. he really had the spirit of association challenge. regards andrew drew.

To The Wendt Family,
I'm very sad and shocked to read the news of passing away of Bern. The spring chicken of the kingaroy team will not only be greatly missed in Kingaroy but throughout the Association. I can really only echo jason's word on the wonderful character that is one Bern Wendt.

He will be Sadly missed.

My Condolences,

Tony " Jester " Hamilton

Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes. They are very much appreciated by all of Bern's family. We had 16 wonderful years together and fitted in a lot of bowling in that time. You'd never believe that back in 1962 he thought it was a sissy game would you? Thanks, Lenelle Wendt

Back
Top Bottom