Tenpin Bowling Show

Next weeks show will be a repeat.
The reason for this is a problem with sponsorship.
Gary from South Australia has done everything within his power to help the show survive, but unless an answer is found, the show will have to close.
I have tried my best to do everything possible to promote Tenpin Bowling in Australia, but cannot continue to use up my life savings.
Tony Drexel.

This is devastating news.

In no way do I blame Tony for the decision he has taken. He can't be expected to continue to plough his savings into a project that is to everyones advantage, but for no return for him. Having worked with him on this project for some months now, I know how devoted to the sport he and his family is and how much of his own money he has put towards the project in the hopes of promoting the sport AS A SPORT.

I only hope that the sponsorship issues can be resolved.

So.....

Does anyone in this state really care? Or is everyone so self-absorbed with their own little agendas that the possibility of something like this going under doesn't rate.

This is the promotion we have been yelling out for, pleading for. Now that it might be folding, does anyone give a rats? WELL DO YOU?

I just read something interesting from the TBA web site....
"I prepare this document with the optimism shared by many that Tenpin Bowling is once again becoming a major sporting player in Australia"

For those who haven't seen the Main forum (or care) The Tenpin Bowling Show now has a major sponsor, The APBA (Australian Bowling Proprietors Association).

Many thanks to the APBA. The promotion of Bowling in Australia can continue

Hope its still on while im in Adelaide over christmas, i can pick up 31 pretty good at my brothers place!!

Yes it will be!
Melbourne called last week to ask the same, and they were delighted to have the show continue over the Christmas break, as most other programs stop.
I have plenty of content, but its all from South Australia because I only found out today if the show was to close.
In the pipeline is"
The Woodville Scratch League.
The Masters Finals filmed last weekend.
The Travel League Finals with teams from all over the state filmed yesterday.
And after speaking to Steve at Bridge Bowl today, maybe the Scratch Singles Finals from Murray Bridge this weekend.
Now I need to plan for some interstate ones to go to air in the new year!

So.....
Does anyone in this state really care? Or is everyone so self-absorbed with their own little agendas that the possibility of something like this going under doesn't rate.
This is the promotion we have been yelling out for, pleading for. Now that it might be folding, does anyone give a rats? WELL DO YOU?

A particular SA-based tenpin bowling company DID offer support.

Although that particular company may rue the missed chance for some great exposure, I, for one, am glad the show can continue.

Hi Mike,
Yes I can confirm that Max from Bowling Balls Australia DID make a kind offer as a co-sponsor, and I agree that his offer should not go unnoticed. Max's offer was an exception in this case. His company is small compared to the big giants in this industry, but as soon as he heard there was a problem he was straight on the phone to me seeing what he could do.
Sorry that I did not mention it earlier on this forum.
Thanks again Max
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.

New shows re-commence next week in Adelaide.
Tuesday and Thursday's programs will be the first of the Masters Finals.
This is our chance to show the rest of Australia our up-and-coming youth.

So.....

I do/would Brenton - If I could get chanel 31. I hope all goes well in the future & get my TV Antenna fixed so I can watch it.

Anyway Tony thanks for all the effort that you & your familiy put in & thanks to APBA for the sponsorship.

Dave Kuhn. :D

Back
Top Bottom