Sandbagging and ways to prevent it from happening

T

Tam

Ok so we all know what sandbagging is
but how can we prevent it from happening. Yeah tourny directors can take year book averages but that doesnt always work. Im not sure there is a way that can effectively wipe out sandbagging from our sport.

Do you have any suggestions or ways that sandbagging can be stopped in our sport. Ill be glad to see what your thoughts are.

tam i do not think there is anyway to stop people form sandbagging it is just one of thing people to piss other bowlers off
icon_mad.gif

Here is what they do in our league here.
If you avg 180 in 2001.....your avg can not drop below 170...for 2002..if u do your handicap is still based on 170....say u drop to 165....ur handicapp will still be off 170......and it will stop sandbagging....
It does work!!!!

Mark Foster
icon_smile.gif

Hope this helps

another possible way to help prevent sandbagging is to award points to bowlers based upon their individual games - essentially bonus points. For example, I bowl in a singles league where each game, the scores are ranked highest to lowest, with the highest getting 23 bonus points stepping down to the lowest who gets 0 bonus points.

This system can work - I know from my own experience with the points system. My average has dropped about 20 pins from last season because the lanes have just been so bad I couldn't handle them as well as other bowlers. I'm now so far behind the top bowlers after just a few weeks that it will be difficult to make up over the rest of the season, even if I do bowl well for the remainder of the year.

However, how this sort of thing could be implemented into a team based competition would still need some thinking.

One of the leauges that I bowled in, has a 10 pin drop rule, and this slows it down a bit.

There is no real way to stop it.

Back
Top Bottom