Rural Challenge for Juniors

cindyd

cindyd
Hi just wondering if Rural Challenge still exists and if so which towns are still involved. I know there used to be Hervey Bay, Kingaroy can't remember the rest. It would be a shame if it died it was a good starting block for our juniors to travel to and compete against kids there own age and average.
Thanks Cindy.

Cindy,

The tournements you are refering to is called the Junior Wide Bay. It is a series of events bowled from Bundaberg to Caboolture, they even have a stop at Toowoomba. Gympie was alway's a favourite stop as it is always a nice friendly place.

Give Bundaberg Bowl a ring for the details of next years tour.

Thanks for the info i will give them a call. It sounds like it the same thing just a different name Hayley was involved in this when she first started bowling and it helped her heaps with getting to know all the other kids .

It is great Cindy,

that is where Craig started, it was so much fun for the parents as well as the kids, we have made so many friends,

enjoy rhe experience

Laura

i remember the good ole rural challenges...i used to bowl for Hervey Bay before I moved back to the Gold Coast.
the teams that existed were Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Gympie Toowoomba and Kingaroy.
I don't know if it still exists or not, but we had loads of fun bowling and travelling as a team every month and i agree that it would be a shame if it didn't...its good experience for bowlers to bowl in a teams event.

Back
Top Bottom