Results V.I.P Classic

oaky

Congratulations to both Ashley Riley and Zoltan Latkey in taking out the scratch and graded divisions in the 2007 V.I.P Classic held at Moonah bowl this weekend.
After 16 games in the scratch division the field was cut to the top 8 and placed into a stepladder final.
Game 1
With Brad Goss, Adam Johnson and Garry Crick having to play off with Garry emerging as the winner with a 220 against Brads 193 and Adams 189
Game 2
Garry Crick played off against Kassey Fechner and Joel Reeve with Kassey winning with a 196 (bonus 7 pin handicap) to Garrys 191 and Joels 181
Game 3
Kassey Fechner played Chris Commane with Kassey winning with a 191 to Chris with a 131
Game 4
Kassey Fechner played Ashley Riley with Ashley bowling a 192 to kassey's 191
Game 5
Ashley Riley played top qualifier Andrew Phillips and defeated Andrew with a 204 to a 195. This meant it went to a 2nd game as Andrew being top qualifier won the right to repacharge.
Game 6
Ashley then backed it up with a 244 to Andrews 188 and was crowned the 2007 V.I.P Classic scratch champion
Graded division was bowled over 12 games with Hcp and the top 8 moving through to a step ladder final
Game 1
Saw Bob Macfarlane defeat Kaitlyn Commane and Brian Commane with Bob bowling a 205 to Brian's 198 and Kaitlyn's 192
Game 2
Bob Macfarlane then bowled against Ashtyn Kunta and Callen Daly with Ashtyn winning with a 201 to Bob's 178 and Callen's 165
Game 3
Ashtyn Kunta bowled against Alen Lapi-an with Alen winning with a 224 to Ashtyn's 180
Game 4
Alen Lapi-an bowled against Jack Deane with Alen winning again with a 191 to Jacks 186
Game 5
Alen Lapi-an bowled against best mate and top qualifier Zoltan Latky with Alen winning with a 232 to a 184. This meant it went to a 2nd game as Zoltan being top qualifier won the right to repacharge.
Game 6
After losing the first game Zoltan finished up strongly with a 257 to defeat Alen's 210 and becoming the 2007 V.I.P Classic graded champion
I'd like to personally thank all the sponsors for their support over the last 5 years in making this a great tournament.
To Colin Sculthorpe, mate without you and your support there would be no tournament and I thankyou immensely.
Cheers Paul

Congratulations to the winners of the V.I.P classic .From the scores of the graded division ,it looks like some other bowlers needed to be re-graded .

I’d also like to thank Max Bastian of Bowling Ball Australia for his support and sponsorship of 2 bowling balls which 1 was used as a raffle the other drawn out on the day.

Amf Moonah also donated a bowling ball to be drawn out on the day as well as a ball being purchased as a result of no 300 game bowled over the weekend.

The lucky winners were
Bob MacFarlane (ball raffle)
Callen Daly (Bowling Balls Australia draw)
Andrew Phillips (Amf Ball draw) re donated and won by Ashley Riley
Brad Goss (tournament purchased)

Also thanks goes to Elliot Renshaw for providing us with the sponsors trophies

Congratulations to Ash on yet another fine performance in taking out the VIP over the weekend. Another excellent victory for you and everyone could see how much it meant to you. Well done also to Droo who bowled extremely well for both days.

This has been a great tournament and I was very sad to hear the news that it will be the last. Thank you to Paul, Colin and everyone involved in putting on the tournament - it's always been an entertaining weekend and a very popular one. Thanks to all those the sponsors as well that have enabled us to have such a great tournament on our state calendar.

Once again this was a great tournament. Paul's and Colin's organisation and management of the event is fantastic, their assistants who put their hands up so high to help out are magnificent - all of you.

To the people of Tasmania who have made me and our company so welcome over the past 18 months, I can't thank you enough.

To our team members Ashley & Andrew - what more can I say. Great bowlers who deserved to play off, but more importantly - great blokes. You are a credit to not only yourselves but your families too. The way you both bowled over the weekend and your obvious watertight friendship is one of the real pleasures I get in going to any event where you bowl. Love ya guys, and Ash - thanks mate !!!!

Congratulations also go to our Tasmanian Junior Development Squad members, Scott Jaffray, Jack Deane, Callen Daly, Gyan Lowney, Ashtyn Kunta and Kaitlyn (Doof Doof) Commane on their outstanding performances and manner over the weekend in the graded competition. The way these kids are coming along as bowlers and people is fantastic testimony to themselves, their coaches and their families - it is an absolute pleasure to have you on board. Watch out Rachuig in a few years time, Tassie will be the side to beat.

Zoltan and Alen both showed tremendous sportsmanship and very good bowling and were worthy finalists in the graded section and Kassey Fechner's performance Sunday morning and in stepladder was awesome on 5 minutes sleep !!

Once again, congratulations and thanks to everyone involved, this is a great tournament run fantastically well by great people for great people.

Max

Couldnt agree more with what both KC and Max said.
Although I was bowling like an absolute bellend the tournament was great, thanks to Paul and Colin for their organisation. Job well done guys.
Congratulations to Ash on taking the title. You bowled incredibly well, a pleasure to watch.
Well done to Droo as well for such a great performance over the entire weekend. Bowled like a deadset champion, just a pity he didnt realise that the finals is not the place to bowl your low game of the event.
An honourable mention goes to KC as well...best performance on no sleep [literally lol], that Ive seen in quite some time...who needs sleep?

It was a great weekend spent with great people.
Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Jen.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who helped with the running of the Tournament and a big thank you to Paul and Colin for all your hard work you put in.

A big Congrats to my beautiful Fiance Ashley Riley on winning for the sencond time. Was fantastic to watch and I am so so proud of you baby. Your bowling this year is just awsome. Thanks for making me cry in your speech, but thats not new for me hey!

Congrats to Androo for an awsome effort all weekend, not bad for an old guy LOL only joking.

Also a huge congrats to KC on her awsome bowling on the weekend to be the only female to make the cut. You did us ladies proud, well done.

Jackie Crick

Here's the scratch qualifying scores leading up to the stepladder:
The cut after 16 games to stepladder was 8th, with prizemoney in the scratch division paid down to 14th place.

01} A.Phillips: 3596/16 at 224.75
02} A.Riley: 3373/16 at 210.81
03} C.Commane: 3314/16 at 207.13
04} J.Reeve: 3226/16 at 201.63
05} K.Fechner: 3074/16 at 192.13 (+112 Handicap)
06} G.Crick: 3176/16 at 198.50
07} B.Goss: 3130/16 at 195.63
08} A.Johnson: 3101/16 at 193.81
12} J.Crick: 2909/16 at 181.81 (+112 Handicap)
13} C.Males: 3020/16 at 188.75
14} M.Cramond: 3018/16 at 188.63
18} A.Williams: 2949/16 at 184.31
19} M.Dickson: 2937/16 at 183.56
20} D.Crick: 2918/16 at 182.38
21} J.Jones (NSW): 2705/16 at 169.06 (+112 Handicap)
22} S.Jaffray: 2813/16 at 175.81
23} T.Tylutki: 1546/8 at 193.25 (Withdrew Game 1, Day 2)

Just want to say congratulations to Ashley and Zoli on their wins, commiserations to Androoo, threw it way better than anybody the entire weekend on a very touchy condition but just couldn't get over the line in the final.
I threw it plain bad all weekend, ended up 14th, was probably blessed to get that high really, chucked a 5-bagger in junk-time at the very end to pinch the last cash spot by a few pins over Slug Gourlay.
To Colin and Paul, thankyou for all your efforts over the past five years in making the VIP Classic a wonderful event, one that I've certainly enjoyed bowling in, and one that has been very well liked by spectators and bowlers alike throughout that duration.
Thankyou to the sponsors, VIP, Roberts-Don Mac and others for your sponsorship of the event.
Thanks to the army of helpers who ran the behind the scenes stuff, Julie, Christine and Shaun.
Thanks also to Max & Jen for making the trip down, was great to catch up with you guys over dinner on Friday night, sorry I wasn't my usual chatty self, but I'm sure you understand. ;)

Hopefully in the coming years a tournament of the same stature will be around for all players to enjoy participating in.

Back
Top Bottom