Results from Second Stop

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congrats to Ben Copeland on taking out yesterday’s second stop...Luke Green was second and Pilko third...Myself 4th and Terry Who rounded out the top 5…

Hammo will do the write up when he gets 5 minutes...

Thanks to all that put in the effort to show up…thanks to Jeff, Dave and Hilary on there tireless efforts to give up there day yet again to run these events for us...

Thanks to Magoo for the great salads to go with the chicken and chips that Batesy had organised for us…

Great day all and all and well done to Scotty Fryer for making the top 15 and once again for Kicking his little Brothers Arse…:p Matt you got nothing…
;)

Attachments

• Sport Series 2.xls
    28 KB · Views: 132
Unlucky matty Jase is right u got nothing and as I have all ready said it was a great day. Should of had that bet with him Jase

was a great day thanks to all that gave up there time to run the event.. i hope there is a bigger turn out newt event

I have 5 minutes to do the Round 2 Wrap-up of the " Original Sports Series ".:D

Firstly welcome to the new comers, Matt " I got spanked by my brother " Fryer, Justin Edwards and Micheal Kearney.

Today's pattern was the " Twin Towers " that was used as the 3rd pattern at the World Cup of Champions at the start of the year and boy did it play different. Series stalwart Jason Pearson got off to probably his best start ever to take an early lead. Close behind him was last stop runner-up Chris Grundon and Luke Green.

Ben Coupland and Brian Pilkington started to assert their authority racking up 220+ games over the concluding stages to take the top 2 positions at +131 and +102. Pearson yoyo his way into 3rd at +66, with Green 4th at +37.

As usual the final spots for matchplay come down to the wire with newcomer Justin Edwards falling in by 7pins (-145) to claim 15th and final spot. I like to mention the efforts of one Dale Stewart. Not only did he start in the worst possible way, 265 after 2, but he was giving lane 15 & 16's ball return lessons on how to catch a bowling ball. The return didn't fair to well.:( Well done on the comeback to make the 15, Dale.

During matchplay the top 4 continued their battle with Pilko taking a slender lead after 3. These guys cleared out over the rest of the field. The lead changed twice during the next 3 games between Ben and Pilko with Jas and Luke hot on their heels. Going into the last game all 4 had a chance to take victory. Ben got off to a flyer against Jas and Pilko to close the door on any chance they had of winning.

Congratulations to Ben Coupland on winning the 2nd stop of the Sport Series. Luke Green came home strongly to finished 2nd with Brian Pilkington running 3rd and Jason Pearson 4th. Well done to all of you on finishing over the card on a very challanging pattern.

Some other highlights was Pearson having to messengers for the day. Matt Fryer's (L/H) hitting the outside of the 2 pin and carrying. Also Paul " Gutter Rat" Chambers ( R/H) doing the EXACTLY the same thing. :confused:
But the best Highlight was Scott Fryer SPANKING Matt Fryer.:woot_jump:

Thanks again to our sponsors and for the fantastic lunch. Also to Jeff, Dave and Hillary who donate their own time to run this great event.:woot_jump:

I just want to say that anyone who enjoys bowling and wants a challange come along and have a go, you're most welcome to join us.

Hammo

ps Next time Jas and an hr to my posting time.

Back
Top Bottom