rachuig selection

strop

Elite Athlete
It seems nothing would surprise me , but yet again it does,.....
As you know our rachuig is first 5 making the team and selection of the next 2 to make up 7 for the team. However I learnt that the final 2 can be picked from not only from the final 16 that made the cut but from outside the 16 (ie 17th,18th etc.) as well.
Intersesting rule...........why bother rolling off at all lets just have a raffle.
If this is true (presumably) then well done committee, once again you have shown us how valuable you are.....

tony

the reason that rule is made is so that people like sylvia from w.a. that are bowling for australia when the roll off is on can be selected in the team.

sorry that really doens't do it for me..............or for the others trying out knowing that's what will probably happen.

Nor does it cut it for me.

The team should be selected as the top 7 bowlers, they are your best bowlers during the tournament therefore they should be the ones that have the honour of representing the state in a national tournament. If someone is representing Australia in another tournament then good for them, that person can't be in two places at once. :? Also what is going to happen if they get selected on a state team and then run off and compete in another tournament overseas representing Australia at the same time?? (could happen). :?:

I totally disagree that bowlers should be selected if they haven't bowled in the tournament. If they are going to select bowlers then it should be those that competed and ended up in the places of 6th to 16th. Also, I think it is stupid even having a rule such as selecting 2 bowlers to make up the 7 if the top 7 make up the team anyway. State on the entry form that the top seven make up the team unless exceptional cercumstances prevail such as being yellow carded or bad behaviour, etc etc. 8)

Back
Top Bottom