Queensland State Championships

jimbo

Are there any results from the first weekend of the 2008 championships?

I have looked at the TBAQ site but don't see any scores.

Jim

Jimbo

There are some results hang up on the wall at the bowl ~ but there was not alot of entries last weekend at all. I think mostly locals & only a few travellers.

Scores werent too flash from what I saw, so perhaps pack the old urathane or fantastic plastic....:eek:

I will see if I can get a copy to post.

Nathan

Here are the results from last weekend. I have taken them from the board at the bowl so I apologise if I have made any mistakes. As Nathan said no big scores.

Leesa :)

Attachments

• Sth Qld State.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 145
Ouch, thats a pretty small turnout. Conditions must be tough up there. Shame us welsh bowlers cant go up there and give it ago. We'd probably give you guys a run for your money! :p

Seriously, with multi-weekend championships, you'll find the first one is always the slowest one, especially for travellers who want to do masters later on. But never give up, I feel championships are going to have a big turnaround soon.

NSWs regional championships have picked up recently. I think it has to do with my group called "The Posse", which is a group of 8 bowlers within NSW. We band up and hit the lanes and have some fun. As a group, we always have won something. Theres also my friend Graham Shoesmith who brings his family and friends to championships. That alone is a group of roughly 8 or so. Depending if they mix Juniors into it, they have 4 kids that bowl in it as well.

Really for numbers to get up, all you got to do is bring a band together and have alittle fun. Grab a few league mates and go for a teams event or a few doubles combinations. You can win some money and have a great time. Because its graded by average restrictions, anyone with any average can bowl. You dont have to be a top bowler to! My friend is a 111 ave bowler, last weekend he won 3 things. Doesnt take much really!

Hope this has brought some hope to your championships. Like I said, band a few bowlers together, and have some fun! Isnt that what the sport is about?

Hi Duane

I took the results from what was on the board as of last night. I know there was at least one other singles missing as well so I would say that new sheets have not been printed. No doubt they will updated this weekend.

Leesa :)

Any results from the Masters today?

Do know Peter " Marto " Martin won the Restricted Men's.

hammo

Dale Warren won the Mens Open Masters - Beat Michael Wooler in the two game final.

Yvette Lawton (Maryborough) won the Ladies Open Masters.

Laura Henry of Bundaberg won the Ladies Restricted.

congratulations to both dale and micheal. there were some very tough breaks for some of the bowlers in both the final 6 and a few that just narrowly missed the cut. it was a very interesting day. and no doubt dale and micheal botch deserved to be where they were. it was a very close first game in the final, however dale managed to reclaim his deficit and finish 40 odd pins in front...Well done dale, and all other bowlers that competed in this event..it was great to watch.

Back
Top Bottom