Perth Cup Entries

It’s a shame there are also a few locals missing in action.
Tom Kury, due to illness
Steve Wimbridge, Tapio, Richard Bentley and Craig Blackut (away): however good to see a few new faces.
Kristen, Matt Watson, Chris Kelland, James Taylor, Bryant Cocker, Mark Wroth (watch out for this guy with a name like that), John Boswell, Little Tommie (good luck), Mitchell Edom, Mark Burton and all the others.
I know some of these may have bowled before, but good on you for getting in there and supporting our local "Cup"
And having not missed a cut for 15 years, I think I'll risk it as well!!!
Local hopes, I think, is a well deserved two horse race, Mike Muir and Alan Skupin, with a few other locals hope for a good showing.
As my roughie pick and a 25-1 outsider to cut is the red devil defector himself, Greg Ball.

Stax

A slimy Left Hander such as the BALLMEISTER can never be called an Outsider, although he hasnt bowled for 3 weeks (been bush working or taking a break from GG) A QUICK trip to the Carlton before Qualifying always sorts him out, but 25-1 wow think that bookie would be losing money this year :multi:

Yes Stax as always very correct in how fantastic it is this year to see so many new faces and up n coming new bowlers, obviously the "Under 180ave" incentive has encouraged a few to bowl =D>

Shame that a number of locals still are not getting in and supporting this event :agrue:

Just locals alone there is approx 30 names that have bowled in either of the last 2 years that are not registered to play this year???????? ](*,) ]
just think half of that would put the event over its "based on" numbers and for once, in a very, very VERY LONG TIME, increase the prize pool, something that hasnt been seen in a tournament in the west for some years now

Craig Blachut away down south working, Tapio & Richard i think had other reasons, I hear ATBSO have got a 3day training clinic on the same weekend thats why Maxine and Brenda pulled out, real shame not to have our OPEN PLAY SENIORS Bowling :confused:

Chris Kelland is actually flying back from work in Darwin to bowl the event, great work, and thx in advance to all travellers to the WEST i'm sure you'll have a great time and we look forward to making you all welcome

By the way Ballsy at 25-1 well ur only getting even money for yourself after a lazy 700 the other night

It is with muvh regret that I cannot enter Perth Cup this year, but with new employment (while also maintaining the pro shop) I felt it would be pushing it a bit with my new employers if I took a working day off only a month into my new job. Rest assured, however, that I will be back next year.

Best of luck to all at Fairlanes this year.

You'll be sadly missed at this years event Brenton, 4 times past winner (BEST WIN'S BY ANY INDIVIDUAL) :drinking:

Best of Luck with ur new venture :D

we'll see u at South Pacific no doubt

Shame not to have either urself or Steve Lovell here, wont be the same without the colour

Jason Belmonte now into Squad 1 so some definite Colour added :p

Not many spots left :-({|=

Scoops...

pay my airfare so I can attend? Just kidding... going to ABC's in Baton Rouge here soon.

What's up mate!

Talk at you later....

one's of these year's I'll get down there...

Hmmmmmm let me think

Regional event in the States or PERTH CUP

Scottie ur mad son get down here, you'll have much more fun

Best to u & Sharon

Yup just back from the bush having missed all the bad weather here. Couldnt believe it when I saw the footage on the news, wow!!! :eek: I reckon I should take Staxo up on the 25-1 deal but to be honest I reckon Ive drifted out a bit but still a show for the final days action I guess. Sad to see a few names missing this year and I know Brenton will be back. I spose I'll have to wait till Rachuig to have a crack at him, always fun. I think this year will be my 15th straight (I think I missed the one when all the lefties got a run even bloody Acko!!! cant remember the year 91 I think) and I know the one Scoops is referring to. Scoops bowled A squad and myself C squad. Got to the bowl to see Als last couple of games and spent the next 3 hrs at the Carlton. Got up to practice and just about fell over but after 10 gallons of water managed to keep it together and made Mondays action. He got me again last year at Araluen so you think after 20 years I would know better but its another part of the weekend I really enjoy. Baron

"Watch for the transition, watch for the transition" Doh!!!!

Scoops knows what I mean :)

Firstly my friend, the "YEAR of the LEFTIES" was 1990 when 13 made the top 20, what a disaster that was :lol:

As far as "one day you'll learn" I DONT THINK SO, I have my ways of always lurring you to :drinking:

You've got more a rubbery arm than me buddy

I reckon Sunday night's in danger (perhaps) but certainly Monday night, so tell Grizzle Guts now she's driving (us all mad......... :eek: )

Back
Top Bottom