? on remaining events

hamster

Just a Bowler
With the way things have been going I was wondering how far ahead can you pay for a spot in 1 of the remaining events. I do want to play in the last stop as it has a different format where the others are the same.

hammo

Once a squad goes up then people can enter…You cannot pay in advance until it’s released…We never try to turn anyone away but because of time restrictions and smaller centres used, preference will be first given to those bowlers who support the whole tour...We have to be fair to those who are chasing the end of year points and money and paid their membership…

In saying that your entry is more than welcome you just have to understand that we don’t always have enough lanes to support the popularity of these events…

Once a squad goes up then people can enter…You cannot pay in advance until it’s released…We never try to turn anyone away but because of time restrictions and smaller centres used, preference will be first given to those bowlers who support the whole tour...We have to be fair to those who are chasing the end of year points and money and paid their membership…
In saying that your entry is more than welcome you just have to understand that we don’t always have enough lanes to support the popularity of these events…

Thank-you for the explaination and completely understand. You did trigger another question or 2 I have with the membership as well.

Am I correct in saying that when you bowl an event you must pay your membership upfront as well so you can go after the "Bowler of the Year Prizefund"?
If so, what happens for those bowlers that join/compete when they have only 5 events or less to go? Do they have to pay considering they can't play for the BOTY prizefund when the Entry states you must bowl 6 of the 8 stops to qualify?
And finally if they still have to pay and with what you have said does that mean that a member who is in the hunt for BOTY get preference over a paid member who isn't, with participation to an event?

I know I'm going to fall into this category and I think others will also.

Regards

Tony Hamilton

This did come up at the meeting…

To play in this tour you must first become a member and acquire a membership card…If you come into the tour with only 5 or so events to go, yes you will still need to become a member…However if you only come into the event with 1-2 events to go then we decided you will need to pay $10.00 and still become a member…

History shows that once you have played in one of these events you tend to show up to a few more throughout the year…Then most of the time they commit to the season fully next year…

The scenario you gave me was of one who is just showing up to play in only one event at the end of the year…Members will be given preference to the squad times and positions over one off blow in members…If I had to find something to complain about this circuit it would only be the fact that the centres do not have enough lanes, other than that I could assure anyone that has played in the tour vouch for me on this and that is, this tour is without a doubt the most enjoyable scratch tour around, National Tournaments don’t even come close to these…To have I am led to believe a 20 +% increase in participation in our first event and to have the second event “sold out” in two squads within 72 hours proves we could be in for a busy year…

If you look at other similar tours they too have particular rules and this membership package was based on a similar systems and fair bases…

Hope that clears anything up for you

This did come up at the meeting…
To play in this tour you must first become a member and acquire a membership card…If you come into the tour with only 5 or so events to go, yes you will still need to become a member…However if you only come into the event with 1-2 events to go then we decided you will need to pay $10.00 and still become a member…
History shows that once you have played in one of these events you tend to show up to a few more throughout the year…Then most of the time they commit to the season fully next year…
The scenario you gave me was of one who is just showing up to play in only one event at the end of the year…Members will be given preference to the squad times and positions over one off blow in members…If I had to find something to complain about this circuit it would only be the fact that the centres do not have enough lanes, other than that I could assure anyone that has played in the tour vouch for me on this and that is, this tour is without a doubt the most enjoyable scratch tour around, National Tournaments don’t even come close to these…To have I am led to believe a 20 +% increase in participation in our first event and to have the second event “sold out” in two squads within 72 hours proves we could be in for a busy year…
If you look at other similar tours they too have particular rules and this membership package was based on a similar systems and fair bases…
Hope that clears anything up for you

Thanks again for response and explaination on how this was resolved. The only thing I can't understand is why discriminate against a paying customer who would like to play in these events but due to circumstances can only play a few, maybe only one.

I thought these events were open to everyone as long as they were first in, best dressed when it came to nominating and deposit.

Maybe I didn't understand that either.

Oh well.

Regards,

Tony Hamilton

That’s ok and thanks for your enquiry…Glad I could be of help clearing up your miss interpretation…

Back
Top Bottom