North and South

bm2

I'm still standin'
I don't know if I have missed it in earlier posts on the forum, or if it was ever stated, but can some knowledgable person please advise exactly where in this state North becomes South? Does the line get drawn at Rocky, or further north? Just curious :?
Broni

And what a good question. We are assuming that the line is drawn at Rocky which goes South. (Rocky was part of the central zone under the old zoning system.)
The other question is who decides on the separation : The National body or the State body?
As the National body has given no indication of where the division should be, presumably they are leaving it to the State body to decide. In which case it will be an agenda item at next months AGM. Book your seat now.

This was discussed at the inaugural meeting last year to set up the Rachuig commitee (or whatever it is called) and the general consensus was that Mackay was an NQ centre and Rocky an SQ centre. Considering that Rocky is 700 km from the Qld/NSW border, 730 km from Townsville and 1100 km from Cairns, that would seem to be the intelligent way to split the State. There is also a reasonably close spacing of centres from Rocky down, ie Gladstone/Bundy/Maryborough&Hervey bay etc, whereas the next centre from Rocky northwards is Mackay, 330 km away.
I am surprised there wasn't (or may not be) an 'official' dividing line set where the NQ zone was created. Perhaps NQ can set its own eligibity requirements in terms of residency.

North Queensland has always been north to Cairns, south to Mackay and west to Mount Isa, this has applied to Northern Zone championships, Presidents Shield and NQ Youth Teams for the past 20 odd years.

There is an extensive depth of bowling talent in this area, and we certainly don't need some bunch of has beens/never will be's from Rocky trying to infiltrate our team.

We have the talent especially in the mens division to kick some serious southern butt come the nationals, so anyone who lives south of Mackay can go back to what ever South Queensland rock they crawled out from underneath or risk being squashed by the NQ Juggernaut.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If someone in the North doesn't make the team, can he/she apply for an exemption and roll-off for the South?
Hey George you and Stephen could be in the same team.

Steve could average 115 at the rolloffs and still be an automatic selection. So unless George decides to move back up North, aint gonna happen.
On George's past performances in Townsville, he wouldn't make the squad anyway. :lol:

Oh, another thought - is SQ going to be reduced to borrowing bowlers from NSW again this year? Rumour is that Jon King and Damien Mc are not bowling this year, so the team may be looking a little threadbare without some help from south of the border. :wink: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom