New Townsville Bowling Alley

Do I get oil on my lanes for the $18.00 per game fee? SERIOUSLY...Prices are too high, even for an entertainment venue.

agreed, i cant understand why they would put 24 lanes in and make it a social only centre!

To make some money, perhaps?

Yeah that makes sense :JD:

Social bowlers are fine, but league bowlers are there week in week out.

and with the price they are charging good luck to them im sure they will have lots of bowlers there :thmbup:

If I owned the existing centre, I'd be rubbing my hands together with anticipation.

Let them introduce patrons to their 'nite club' bowling, and then I'd be advertising something like " Now you know how much fun bowling can be- see how great it can be as a sport too. Come and try ( for half the price and less) at XXXXXX. etc., etc.

That's just a general concept - There will be very few present bowlers who will be in any way affected to the detriment of the current Centre, but for sure you can use it to get some that they will introduce ( albeit in a different form.)

This would work in a regional area with only one other bowl whereby it probably wouldn't in a metro area.

Years ago when I owned a Golf Course and the golfing 'boom' was in full swing, a developer was going to build a big 'resort style' course only a few minutes drive away. I could hardly wait, as I knew I could steal plenty of his golfers which he would entice to the area, while my golfers may splurge out on an expensive luxury round once or so just for the experience, but they'd all come back to me as regulars.

To my eternal regret, the project didn't go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom