Melbourne Tenpin bowling clubs

M

melon

hi all,

I am thinking of joining a bowling club in Melbourne. Any ideas who to contact?

Many thanks for your help....

Mario

Mario

Go to link above titled "CENTRES", you can do a search on a list of Victorian centres. Go through the list and find the one closest to you and give them a call.

Good luck :)

What do you mean by a bowling club Mario?

Are you referring to like a league? Or some sort of tournament organisation like the MTBOV, where they hold a tournament every 2 months, usually with a handicap and scratch division?

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies and I am looking to maybe join a league. I just think tenpin bowling is fun and its a good way of meeting new people etc.

Mario

MilkMan...While you're reading minds...how 'bout telling me what I'd like to have for tea tonight.
HAHA

Milk....you've missed my point.
Are you saying that all the bowlers who compete at the centres you don't like..are bowling there because the can't go elsewhere?

I guess you should ring up those centres and tell them to shut their doors cos you don't think this guy Mario will want to bowl there.

I thought Milk man was just helping someone out as no one else had given him any info.

By the way Mario.... you're very welcome at Werribee. We would welcome any new bowlers as would any centre. You may like to check the Centre Database area of this forum for a centre close to you

milkman said:
Mario,

Why dont you email me personally, and I'll let you know which centres you might want to bowl at

God has spoken...hahaha

Nice of you to let someone know where they'd like to bowl..but shouldn't you really just make a suggestion and let them decide for themselves?

Mario

the best thing to do is to visit a centre that is near by. then go in an talk to the people there, find a league that suits you, and enjoy the wonders that are league bowling.

My suggestion is to find a league where the bowlers dont give a crap about lane conditions, it will be much more enjoyable that way.

Oh yeah, read the rate your centre post, cause good forbid you go and bowl at a centre that doesn't have a kegel machine, or one that you will stick a lot of corner pins in, it will only leave you disillusioned!!!!!

thinking about it, a junior leage would be your best bet!!!!

seriously, find some people you click with and have fun, and please dont let lane conditions take over your perseption of ten pin bowling, its more about having a laugh and catching up with old friends, rather than going home crying cause the centre have put down a fair condition and you can or cant bowl on it that well

roy boy

Its no wonder people keep leaving the sport of tenpin bowling

Stop confusing the bloke as he has probably already lost interest with all of this rubbish. It sounds like Melon is new to the sport and wouldn't have any idea of Keggel machines or oiling patterns or the politics of the game.

As munsoned said at the begining of his post just visit your closest Tenpin Bowling alley and I'm sure a staff member there will fit you into a league that suits your requirements.

It looks like some people have forgotton the fact that some one was just after a little help and decided to jump on other peoples shit list for whatever reason can only be explained as Stupid Politics.

Just keep it simple

Bowling Leagues

hi all,

thanks for all your help and I think the best idea is to visit a bowling centre and see whats on offer. I am not an expert at bowling but it will be fun to play on a regular basis.

Have a good day all.

Back
Top Bottom