Ipswich Superbowl Super-Spring Tournament

RONALD C

Susy wants me Banned
Heres a good oportunity for the scratch and handicap bowlers to mix it up on the recently resurfaced lanes at Ipswich Superbowl. It is also a good chance to have 8 games on Prodigy oil laid by a Kegel machine!

The details are below, and get in early and let them know if you are going to bowl or not so that we can help another local tourny get off the ground and thank the guys at Ipswich for the effort they are putting in to make there centre better for the bowler!
Ring the centre on 32824600 or leave a post on here to get your name down!

If we all show some support at this one Ipswich is going to try and hold a big tourny next year!

Details:
Open to Scratch and Handicap bowlers and handicap is based on 90% of 220. (max handicap of 70).

Your handicap andaverage will be based on your highest league average established over a minimum of 12 games. Entering averages will be confirmed by the tournament committee.

Each bowler will bowl 8 games changing lanes after each squad.

It will be held on Sunday the 28th of September,
Check in @ 08:30 and bowl @ 09:00.

Entry is $65 for 8 games and payout is as follows:

1st $250 and a new Bowling ball
2nd $200
3rd $140
4th $130
5th $120
6th $90
7th $90
8th $80
9th $80
10th $80
11th $80
12th $70
13th $70
14th $70
15th $70
16th $65
17th $65
18th $65
19th $65
20th $65

Payout is based on 60 bowlers and may be adjusted to suit the number of bowlers. Paying 1:3

Not bad top 20 get there money back at least!

Come on everyone lets get behind this one and give Ipswich the confidence to hold a biggy next year.

I will try to get the entry form on the entry forms page.

See you all there!

I think its worth a crack. Ipswich have invested alot of time and money into lifting the standards of lanes and lane conditions in Queensland. It's about time bowlers showed them some support. I"ll be there and will be looking forward to bowling on the new look lanes.

See everyone there!

Just a quick message to let everyone know that with a full field of 60 this tournament will be run with two squads of 30 bowlers.
A squad will check in at 08:15 and bowl at 08:30, then the lanes will be washed and oiled and B squad will check in at 10:45 and bowl at 11:00 (or as soon as the lanes are done).

A squad list will be posted soon, so come on guys get on here and let us know what squad you want so you don't miss out!
So far they have got about 20 names which isn't bad for 2 days of organising! :eek:

Ronnie

The people that have put there names down so far are as follows, and I will list there squad preferences when we get them all. Also just to let you know, child minding will be available during B squad only, so if youv'e got the kids you had better bowl in B squad.

George Frilingos (A)
Joe Gatt
Broni Morgan
Tony Hamilton
Ronnie Conquest (B)
Brian Robinson (B)
Darren Suna (B)
Kim Suna (B)
Mick Lang (B)
Danny Smith (B)
Sharon Smith (B)
John Caple (B)
David Ashby
Jason Podlich
Sarah Auld
Dean Margiolas
Tony Villiers
Michael Wenzel
David Cupit
Matt Taylor
Lawrie Hill
Jim Roberts
Josie Adams

23 so far, almost half way there after one day.
Well Done!
Let you know when the names are sorted into squads and i will keep it updated for Dean at Ipswich 32824600.

Ronnie

Ronnie,
Better put me down for A Squad, that way I should be guaranteed to make the plane!!! :D

Broni 8)

To Ipswich and Ronnie,

Good one guys - put John (Guido) Whillans and Mary Flower in for A Squad -

To Broni - just as well you can sleep on the plane - a long way from Burpengary to Ipswich!!!!!!

Flower

Back
Top Bottom