Interchangable Thumb Inserts??

bowlrig

Just A Bowler
Hi All,

Does anyone know of or about interchangable thumb inserts?

I beleive that they were used at the come and try days held by Ebonite.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Bolrig, the inserts u r on about are used for the try days,but to the best of my knowledge they are not availiable in Australia.
When I met Cara Honeychurch at one in Sydney I seem to remember her saying that she uses them.But don't quote me on that.

hope this helps....enjoy..
:)

Hey Rob. We saw these in Hong Kong only a couple of weeks ago. They are really new, different to the ones that Cara and Trotter use. I think Brando said they were on the Turbo grips website. Hope this helps champ...

TEAM BRUNSWICK AUSTRALIA
www.Brunswickbowling.com.au

Can i just ask why would you wont intercangable ones for yourself? cant you jsut get one that its and stick with it?

:D COSHEA :D

There's an american company that makes them, I'm not sure if they are being shipped out here yet.

the company is called Thoms Thumb.

www.thomsthumb.com

hope this helps.

REDJELLYBEAN said:
Can i just ask why would you wont intercangable ones for yourself? cant you jsut get one that its and stick with it?

:D COSHEA :D

Because if you are one of the many bowlers out there who have a thumb that changes size (generally fluid retension, humidity, etc) then it is an alternative to using rows of tape.

They sound like a great idea to me and if tehy coem to australia im sure alot of peopel will use them, i no i will.

know.. " I know i will "

Yes, im thinking of buying some and shipping them over to try out.

The product you speak of is called " Switch Grip " and is a patented technology from Turbo 2-n-1 products. It involves drilling a 1 1/2 inch sleeve into the thumb hole section then placing the 1 3/8 slug into the sleeve via a locking mechanism. This the gives you the ability to change one slug in a ball to another ensuring maximum consistancy.

This product is not available in Australia at the moment, but I"m sure its just a matter of time. It is pretty good, especially if you are very particular about your thumb holes such as myself.

Details should be available on www.turbogrips.com

check out the new ICE GRIPS as well :D

The Turbo 2-in-1 Switch Grips have been available in Australia for a couple of weeks and I stock them in my shop. Another use for them is if you have several balls and want identical feel in all of them, then just switch the same thumb hole from ball to ball

Back
Top Bottom