If u owned a centre how would u have it?

S

Showboat

hey pplz :D
seems like most bowlers have a dream job of oneday owning there own centre.......just thinking if you did what would it b like and where would ya put it what type of lanes would ya have in it and who would work 4 ya.
bye pplz :)

16-24 lanes (depends on location)
Brunswick AnviLane Pro Synthetics
Brunswick A2's
ComputerScore Scoring
Kegel Sanction Standard lane machine
AMF Pinnicle Pins
Qubica MASQ masking units

Find someone to run the front....I'll hide down the back or in the proshop....

MY BOWL

Hey all if i had my way i would have a the best bowl in the country!

It would be two levels with lift access and underground parking.
The bottom level would be synthetic lanes and the top Level would be wood. This would enable for tournaments and roll-offs to have different lanes for each day of whatever plus people would not have to travel to get to a different center for different lane types. The center would be huge with a massive proshop stocking every product imaginable. Everything in the center would be top of the range including a restaurant and bar.
I would be up the fron runnning the center. With many many employees under my control!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

My bowl would be a bowl in a good postitioning and lanes that i could bowl on my staff would be nice people so that if nothing was happening i would have someone to talk to.

I must say id like to be a bowler at BigTobes centre :lol:

umm free practise for all league juniors after 8:30 pm...

.:HELL YEAH SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN BIG MAN:.

pass that on to ur folks sammy :p

Personally I dont think the models of equipment is that important, seeing as its not goin to be reality. Id have between 20-30 lanes. Spacious players areas and a real focus on league and tournament bowling (even tho this isnt the profitable end of bowling). Id have an upstairs area much like a Leagues Club or RSL Club where players and/or spectators could relax and have a drink or meal without the never ending roar of falling pins. Underground parking is a must in Queensland climate. Toilets with one way glass overlooking the lanes. I would have the place fitted with energy efficient lighting, cooling and heating systems. I think the aim of the place would be to step away from the 'in your face' advertising and marketing used by the big chain bowling centre groups, and to a more freindly centre.

Good question here Baked Potato! Nice nick-name by the way. :lol:
My Dream Centre
I would demolish/refit the giant old Schweppes Cordial factory down here across from "The Den".
This is a giant old grey-brick building on the edge of a hill with heaps of steam pipes and rust all down the front of it.
What I would do is clad it and paint it a light colour and paint a massive "pouncing tiger" on the front and side of it.
I would re-tar the carpark and put 10 pure-white flag poles along the front - all flags to be raised at full standard at all times.
I would have plenty of protection for the patrons outside from the fierce arctic winds which blow through here in the winter months - make it welcoming and traditional looking.
Upstairs would house a glassed-in function-room/bar for 150-people and I would hold all-sorts of gatherings at this place - generating strong incoming for the centre.
The 24-Lanes would be HPL's and would have the latest computer scoring system and laser-light system.
I would be purchasing a brand new Kegel machine and the pinspotters would be Brunswick A2's.
Below the function room would be a 300-seat Grandstand capable of housing large crowds (and a great atmosphere) for tournaments. It would have plastic seats in it - alternating in Black, Gold, Black, Gold etc........
The masking units would be all-black and shiny with a snarling Tiger on them.
I would make it like every centre should be......like a club.
There would be honour boards on the walls, Tournament winners boards all around the place, Players photo's and other memorabilia.
My centre would have character, it would also be spotless...schmikko.
I would allow Androo to be the pro-shop owner at my centre - he'd be a valuable asset at my centre. It would have all the latest stock and work gear.
I would drop the price of Social Bowling to $2.50 per-game flat rate in an effort to get them to spend more in the kiosk and on the lanes.
Leagues would be $11 per night in order to entice bowlers to play 2-3 nights a week.
Players who own businesses would be asked/encouraged to plug thier company by way of advertising hoardings above the lanes for a fee.
And lastly I would be in the schools and in the community doing things to plug the game at every opportunity.....a few freebies are a good way to start. Get some encouragement happening.
Then when I start receiving all of Moonah's bowlers I would value them and treat them like gold.
My staff would be highly trained people who ARE enthusiastic about the game and thier work.
Any behaviour I deem inappropriate would be dealt with. :evil: :evil:
I would try like hell to get major events down here too...2010 President Shield at Tiger's Den Lanes at Strahan Street.......one can dream, can't we :?

Anyway back to the real world................................. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom