Goldpin Competition Circuit

P

Predator

I am a junior bowler and I am interested in participating in as many competitions as I can or can afford to. I believe that Goldpin has introduced a competition circuit, which I assume includes a Youth section. I noticed that in the Werribee Cup for example, the Youth section is with handicap only. This is great for juniors with low to mid averages, but what about those juniors who have high averages?
My league average is above 200. I am sure that there are heaps of Youth/Juniors out there with high averages....so why isn't there a scratch event for Youths as well???

I personally am not sure if I am going to enter cause i probably wont get a final placing ( i will have 0 handicap)and there probably won't be great competition. Should I enter the Adults Section?

Is there any Youths/Juniors entering the Werribee Cup in the Youth Section that have high averages????

Predator,

I understand where you are coming from. It is very hard for a tournament organiser to work out whether to make a youth section handicapped or scratch.

Personally, I think for the Werribee Cup, its a good idea to have under 21 handicapped, and adults open. I mean, there really isnt that many quality adults in victoria at the moment (I'm being honest), so it gives the lesser recognised people a chance to make a bit of cash.

If I was in your shoes, I would try out for adult. Bowling with adults gives you experience you wont gain at a junior level. It can become a bit expensive if you keep not making any money, but if you dont enter, you arent ever gonna get a chance to learn the difference between a good bowler, and a great bowler.

Back
Top Bottom