Gary Bernardin 300

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Well done to Gary who bowled a perfecto in the last game of matchplay on the weekend in Townsville. A remarkable acheivment, 8 x 300 in total over 3 decades and one of thos 300's with a plactis ball.

I just hope when I get a little older I can still throw the ball that good. Well done Gary, a pleasure to watch.

Yes, GB - a great effort - George made me feel guilty about not acknowledging the game but having been around all these years with GB, you tend to forget the effort, $$$ and many, many practise games he has put into this sport. Great to see him and some other 'oldies' still supporting tournaments and I think Gary fully deserves our respect........

p.s. He got a car many years ago for bowling a 300 !!!!!!!! Eat your hearts out now........ah!! they were the days.

Flower

I'd just like to add my congratulations to Gary, who has not only been a fine ambassador for our game but is also a true gentlemen both on and off the lanes.

Cheers

Funky :D :D

PS A 300 with a plastic ball, now that's an achievement!!! :D

I still remember bowling my first ever tournament, the Gold Coast Open many years ago and was paired up with Gary. (not that he would probably remember) He truely is a gentleman and deserves all the respect as he made my nerves on that day a little less painful.

Well done Gary!!! Its just fantastic news to hear.

I to have nothing but praise for Gary I bowled Rachuig with him many years ago, Wow what a great guy and yes he is a true gentleman.

The thing is with Gary you can never tell if he is bowling great or bowling bad. there are many bowlers out there who could take a leaf out of Garys book on bowling etiquette.

Congratulations on your 300 in Townsville hope there is many more to come.

Kerri Bailey :D :D

Having worked in the bowling industry for 18 years on the northside of Brisbane, I have seen Gary bowl on many occassions....he is definetly a true gentleman, never have I seen him throw a wobbly over lane conditions, he just adjusts his posistion or changes equipement, a fine example to the bowlers who do nothing but look for somebody or something to blame for their lack of skill and ability.

We were having trouble with lane conditions or so our bowlers told us....ring Gary and ask him to come on down and throw a few games and give us his opinion.
Gary comes down and blows the pins away you can hear the ball just smashing the pins, not long and we have a following of league bowlers standing behind his lanes with their jaws dropped in amazement.
Best thing we ever did, proved to our so called high average bowlers that their was a good lane condition if you have the skill and ability.
If Gary has a bad game, he's honest with himself and says it was me, not the lanes. The owner allowed Gary to bowl for free in social times, best advertising you could possibly get.

Another thing concerning Gary, he all ways has a smile on his face and will allways share his knowledge with anyone who asks him no matter how nieve they may be. Gary is the most consistent bowler over many many years that I have ever seen!

Well done Gary, you've got another 20 good years in you mate.

Shawn

Back
Top Bottom