Capalaba Postponed to 9/11/02

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I was told todaythat the event was postponed until Saturday the 9th of November. Slightly revised format also, the event will be bowled in just one day now. The entry and prize break down hasn't changed.

Just to remind everyone that the Sports Series Final is on the 10th the following day. Looks like a good weekend of bowling.

George

Brilliant move - it clashes with another tournament, so they postpone it to clash with something else.

.. that's just blasphemous making a bowling tournament clash with the cricket .. shame shame shame

Now there's an idea for a new bracket.
Who's going to post the highest score? George in his first game, or England in their first innings?

George should manage buck-30-odd without too much effort, even with both hands.
If Capalaba is only 1 day, I guess it's not a direct clash, since the sport series is on the Sunday, but asking people to find two entry fees in one weekend seems like a futile exercise in optimism to me. On the bright side, I doubt it will affect the numbers at Caboolture.

Just my opinion - I hope I'm wrong.

Come on Robbie, on a ditch like Capalaba, I've got to shoot at least a buck 50!

It think was a wise move to change the format and date of the event, I think you'll see over 30 bowlers now show up for it instead of the proposed 17 who nominated. This will not effect Caboolture in any way, if anything it will compliement it.

That's what I mean, George, anything over buck-30 will be enough to nail the poms - you'll probably shoot enough for an innings win.
If we play up to recent form, the cricket could be finished by Saturday.

No humor today - I'm still depressed over our mens Rachuig scores. Fingers crossed for a big finish tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom