Bowling Shoes - Dexter VS ??

J

John_Wendy

Hi All

Considering buying Dexter SST6 LX but this is a big investment so just wondered if anyone has any feedback/experience with these and/or any suggestions for something equivalent. :?:

Any help is much appreciated !!

:D

there ok, comfort factor is great, but mine are wearing down on my non sliding shoe, and ive only had them for 3 months. if i could get any pair of shoes i would chosse abs.

I bought SST6 LXs in January this year and consider it one of the best investments I have made in my bowling.
Make sure you get the right size if ordering from overseas (US sizing is a fair bit different)
You won't regret it.

Graeme

I had a pair of SST5 which were the most comfortable shoes that I had ever worn but in the last month have purchaced a pair of SST6 and they make the 5's feel pretty ordinary.

I had a similiar problem with my 5's in wearing down the toe on the non sliding foot. (This happened over a number of years though) I think it depends on how you drag your sliding foot. At this stage I dont appear to have the same problem with the 6's as they are a wider shoe.

Nothing against buying from local proshops but I ordered my 6's from America, had them at my post office box within 4 working days for a cost of $200 Aussie Dollars. (this includes purchase and freight) I havent seen any Australian Proshop in Australia that sells them even close to this price. All prices that I have seen are $340 and above.

As Graeme said if ordering from Overseas just make sure that you get the right size.

Yer im with luke I have a pair of abs shoes and there very comfy and i havent worn away and part of them yet and with the speacil toe cap it protects the shoe very well.

Well...I have owned SST 5s (very very comfy) and currently own SST 6s (even more comfy)...the 6s I own are Mens, but Im finding them so much better than my 5s, which were Ladies...and although second hand (not sure how old), were not wearing away on my non sliding foot. My 6s are about 10 mths to a year old and the non slding foot is not wearing away at any great rate....
Dexter have my business for the rest of my bowling career for sure!

Hi All - thanks so much for your input!!!!

Have decided to go with the Dexters (via Buddies - great price!!) but have also taken on board the advice re the toe. Have a bootmaker that is happy to put a similar toe guard on for nominal cost so have best of both worlds I hope.

Also made sure the shoe size was right via the sizing guide on bowlers paradise site (needed wide fitting!) - glad you mentioned it or we would have got the wrong fitting!

Once again - thanks for taking the time to help!

:D :D :D :D

i say we should keep on adding our opinions to this forum...i believe that hands down that ABS created by dyno thane are the far more advanced bowling shoes out on the market. these shoes are very comfortable also these shoes can take a beating and still look like they were just bought brand new. ABS NUMBER 1

8) :) Matty J :) 8)

I also have another name for my shoes my league partner mad it up for them because the colour is the black and silver ones he now calls them my moon shoes or space boots.

Personally I Thinks Dexters Aren't Good At All. I Had A Pair Of SST5's And They Lasted A Few Months. My Choice Would Be Linds,I Bought A Pair Of Linds And They Have Last Over A Year And Still In Good Condition. Anyways Thats My Thoughts

Back
Top Bottom