Bowling balls and GST

DaleS

Hi all,
I will be taking a little trip to the US later in the year and am curious about paying GST on bringing bowling balls into the country for personal use. Particularly if I have the balls drilled in the US.
Does anyone have any experience with this or could anyone shed some light on the potential GSt costs I could incur.

Thanks in advance

Dale
icon_smile.gif

Hi Dale

we have also brought in undrilled balls from both Singapore and Penang, and have not had to pay anything either

cheers

Broni & Jagga
icon_biggrin.gif

hi dale , i was in america last march and brought 2 new balls and a pair of linds while there .what i did was to buy a bowling bag and used it as carry on luggage . just try and buy your gear late in your trip so u don't have to carry it around with you.i brought the balls back undrilled the only thing i was told was not to leave anything in boxes (shoes,balls) as then u would have to pay tax.
not sure were u are heading but it pays to shop around over there as different pro shops will have different specials . look up the pro shops in the local phone books as alot aren't connected with bowling centres. and if they haven't got what u want just ask them they can get it in within a day in most cases. hope it helps.

Further to that Dale, contact me before you leave, I'll hook you up with some people who can give you some good prices depending on where your going.

thanks everyone for the information. I am staying in southern california (in the san fernando valley) with some friends. So I wont be carting the equipment around everywhere. I have been given the name of one guy to see -Bryan Alpert. He is the regional storm staff member and has been recommended by many people.
But, saying that, I would be more than happy to contact others and shop around.

thanks and regards

Dale

Back
Top Bottom