Backup a good way to bowl or not.

D

DigitalMatti

Is it a good way to bowl or not , i have no idea so i might as well ask here.. ? has anyone bowled a 300 with this style?

I bowl orignal right hand hook, but im a natural backup bowler. It's a great way to bowl if u have the right position to place ur ball. if u place it wrong the shot can go wron, its just the same as bowling normaly. even thought im a hook bowler i still use backup, i use it to spare the 10pin and very rarely do i miss :D
On my opinion, yes it is a good way to bowl,

Have fun
Phill

i bowled back up most of my life it works to a certain extent and i have known many good bowlers over the yrs that have made it into rep teams i am yet to see someone bowl a 300 back up (no doubt it can b done easy) and yet to see a back up bowler bowl international tournies..........and for everyones info i no longer bowl back up and still continuing to improve

A 300 has already been bowled by a back up (pretend left hander) bowler.
Maitland bowl(2002 or 2003) by Henry Mather one of the best back up bowlers you will see.

Ros Yendle, one great senior bowler bowls back up, and Ive seen her rack up some high games...
I started off bowling back up, but had Frawley teach me to bowl the other way...

Hi all, There are quite a few good backup bowlers that bowl at Keon Park.
There are a few that bowl in Super League who hold very high averages.

Rodney Kerrison, a fantastic backup bowler, bowled a 300 earlier this year at Keon Park in the centre final for the S.P.C qualifyin, there was also a 299 bowled by Steve Collins a few Tuesdays ago. So Backup bowling can work.

In my opinion (even tho i am a backup bowler) you should stick to how you bowl if you are comfortable with it. Do not let anyone get to you by sayin that you should be bowlin hook instead!

Jess Dzioba

Just out of curiousity has anyone ever come across a left handed back up bowler?

hey tonk, one of my team mates bowls back left handed, i thought i would never see it, she bowls pretty well

lol yeah me....i bowled back up on the 2nd day of spc.
amazingly i found the ball held alot better on the right hand side.
???

The first 300 game bowled by a woman in Tasmania was rolled by Sally Golding at Moonah in November 1992, she was a back-up bowler who used a 12lb AMF Strikeline and shot it in one of the Monday morning ladies leagues. She is still the only woman to shoot 300 at Moonah to this day.

I've never seen anyone who is lefthanded roll a back-up ball as thier permanent shot, although I bowled in a team in Centre League with a lefty (Paul Lucock) who rolled a back-up ball for a few weeks last season because of the conditions on the left, and he hooked it more than most of the normal righties did. :lol:

Hi, Know of someone who used to bowl left handed back up, she has since changed to hook tho. She bowls at Keon Park

Back
Top Bottom