Australia gets its first real "RE-ENTRY" tourny

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
TBA just posted an entry form for the 2005 Masters Challenge to be held in Melbourne in March, 2005.

This format is similar to some high profile International events and is exciting to play. Every game counts, every round!!! A great opportunity for bowlers to participate in a new FORMAT which to date hasn't been tried correctly for over a decade. A must bowl if your looking at venturing overseas or wanting to play in something new and exciting.

Should be great!

Bowlers..Please read the rules carefully...

This tournament, whilst having a unique and workable format is doomed to failure and I think the promoters need to take a long look at their proposed format.

The 24 highest scoring bowlers from round one are required to pay an additional $100 each for their participation in round two. This is all well and good under normal circumstances however
in this tournament 12 of the top 24 don't even cash

In effect, if you outscore most of the field during your two highest qualifying blocks, you could be worse off financially than the bowlers you beat becuse you have to pay an additional $100 just to bowl in the next round.

Could the promoter please explain?

Thats pretty commone Wayne, in Manila, the top 48 bowlers have to pay a finals fee and only 24 cash.

I agree with George. This format seems very interesting. I hope it has great success and I look forward to seeing the results.

Back
Top Bottom