ATBSO Scratch Interstate Challenge

Some snaps from the opening day.
1to8endco8.jpg

The Lane 1 end of Moonah where the removed stand was to be located, sparsely populated.

midcentreky0.jpg

A solid crowd watches on behind lanes 15 through 18. Plenty of noise and colour throughout the day.

cafeendba5.jpg

The majority of spectators gathering at the Cafe end for todays action.

colemanoz4.jpg

Alan Coleman leads Tasmania off on Lane 14 in the first game.

largecrowdun7.jpg

Day 2: And a large Sunday crowd watches on on a cold day.

localsdn7.jpg

Some legends of the past gather to watch Tasmania in action.

blurryaq3.jpg

Another shot of the crowd gathered (It's a bit blurred, I nearly fell off the seat with this one)

Nice pics Tiger but if the bowl is that full now whats going to happen at Rachuig? They couldnt get some sort of seating?

Nice pics Tiger but if the bowl is that full now whats going to happen at Rachuig? They couldnt get some sort of seating?
Thanks George :cool:
It'll be quite interesting to see how many more people come in for Rachuig, the Masters, De Veer and the rest of the Nationals.
The centre is fairly small and gets quite crowded, the majority of the crowd seem to be concentrated up towards the centre and cafe end, the area where the stand was - it was pulled down by the company that constructed it because of 'safety concerns' - has been very thinly populated throughout the tournament, so a stand could be put there, but I doubt AMF will pay for it to be reinstated now.
As for seating, there are rows of plastics seats for people to sit on down behind the settee area, and behind those rows of seats there are table and chairs which seem to be well taken up.
Most of the crowd seem to want to stand, and wander up and down the concourse watching the action.
On the day's where it has been quite warm, the atmosphere has been very stuffy in the place, but on days like yesterday - where it was 7C at 2pm - it was a fair bit more comfortable.
I'd say that it'll be pretty packed in there come Rachuig time, hopefully the noise and atmosphere will be like the old days. :D

Should be fun no matter what, thanks for the pics, see you in a few weeks no doubt

Congratulations to the WA mens team for a well fought win and to the Restricted Team for their win... See if we can go back to back.All i can say is "the lanes must be just like rockingham!"

CONGRATS TO THE SENIOR SANDGROPPER MENS, SANDOR FREE WIN - NICE TO SEE THE SMURF BACK, CHUCKING HEAPS OF BROOKIES I BET - GREAT PERFORMANCE FROM PAUL TERRY AND A BIG FINISH BY GEORGE S
WELL DONE GUYS

Pointscores
Pointscore.gif

Scratch Challenge Women's All Stars
Bowler, State, Average
BAKER Jeanette, Vic, 201.53
HIRD Julie, NSW, 193.83
JACK Susanne, NSW, 191.50
FORREST Maxine, WA, 189.75

Scratch Challenge Men's All Stars
Bowler, State, Average
MORGAN Jagga, Qld, 204.76
TERRY Paul, WA, 199.43
BENSON Chris, Vic, 198.42
KIRWIN Chris, NA, 198.12

Scratch Challenge Male Sportsperson : Ray Tilla (Tas)
Scratch Challenge Female Sportsperson : Ann Kirby (Qld)

Restricted Challenge All Stars
KEMP Jeff, NSW
SMITH Peter, SA
FROST Chris, WA
MAY Gail, Qld

Restricted Challenge Sportsperson : Murray Monds (Vic)

Well done Jagga - S*#t it's easy when your a LEFTY or so they say - Hope everyone gave you a hard time and kept up the tradition and great atmosphere of the REAL SENIORS.
KJ

Peter,

On behalf of the members from the ATBSOV, I would like to extend our thanks to you for maintaining up to date scores to all bowlers everywhere during the Restricted and Scratch Challenges held at Moonah during the past week. A job exceptionally well done.

Wayne Burton
Pres. Victoria.

Congratulations Jagga.....=D> You said you were on a mission and you have achieved just that...
We are extremely proud of you....

Congratulations Ann Kirby.....=D>
Knowing you, I would have presumed that you shed a tear or two.
Remember what you always say..."Just have fun."

Have a nice day guys and enjoy yourselves.
See you on your return..

Christine

Back
Top Bottom