Association Challenge Costs

M

MarkV

People,
I am doing some research to find out how much it costs to bowl for your team in the Association Challenge. I am after specific information as to how much you pay once you make the team to go away. The reason for this is that at the moment in Kingaroy we only pay $100 plus about $30 for a shirt the local association pays for the other shirt. This covers accomodation transport (bus) and the meal ticket for Sunday nights dinner. I personally feel that this is far too cheap and places an onerus burden on other members in the centre to assist in fundraising so the team can go away and have a good time. I would appreciate hearing from the other teams regarding their charges particularly with regards to whether it is a home ,away or very far away ( Rocky ) competition. I do realise that some may not want to publicly list this info and if that is the case could you please e-mail or pm me. All info will kept in confidence and will only be used by myself to argue that charges need to reflect the prevailing bowling community norms. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mark Vreeken

Mark, members of the Gold Coast Regional Team now pay most of their own expenses. In the past the GC Association used to subsidise about $200, however that has not happened for several years now.
Some fund raising is done via raffles and a tiny amount comes in from nomination fees plus some of the centre Associations here on the Coast contribute varying amounts (usually around $200).
Perhaps we are a little different as there are 3 separate Associations here, consequently the team could be made up from members of all 3 (Tweed, Ashmore & Nerang).
It is difficult to put a figure on the individual costs, it depends really whether you take extras such as Bomber jackets or additional shirts. Plus the team members down here have always seemed to prefer a high standard of accommodation. Caravan parks are a no no.
Don't know about this years costs for Rocky however our 2003 costs for Toowoomba were around $350 per person.
I imagine this years costs would have been similar with the addition of airfares.

Mark,

In years past the T&DDTBA (Toowoomba) had paid for a shirt (extra shirts were around $30) and lineage fees. Travel and accomodation were to be paid by the team member. Can't say what this years team's cost were.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom