Association Challenge 2006

C

CV

Well its that time of year again, only 10 days until one of the biggest weekends on the Queensland bowling calender.
I am sure someone will come out with the traditional form guide for this years challenge but apart from that, LET THE TRASH TALK BEGIN!!

GO BRISBANE!!!!

Oh, is that what we're heading up the Sunshine Coast for ;)
Just jokes, we've got the cheer squad in form "RAH, RAH, RAH"
GO BRISBANE\\:D/

Just to let all attending SUNCITY BOWL for the CHALLENGE we will be holding a sausage sizzle and other breaky goodies every morning for all the teams and supporters.GOOD LUCK to all the teams this year it should be another great weekend,GO YOU MIGHTY SUNSHINE COASTERS.ps-- promise not to put anything in the snags.

Hey Pete - save the oil from the sausage sizzle - heh, heh, heh.
just joking mate - good luck to all the teams, but best of luck to
Caboolture
Lawrie

Animal said:
Hey Pete - save the oil from the sausage sizzle - heh, heh, heh.
just joking mate - good luck to all the teams, but best of luck to
Caboolture
Lawrie

I never thought of that one Animal eye will let Brooksy know, he will be looking after what goes on the lanes.

Just waiting on the lastest line ups and i'll throw together a form guide.

There is a rumour going around after a certain assoc masters was bowled on the weekend that there could be some drastic changes made to their mens team.;)

Still the home association will be hard to beat on its own turf.

Until then,

hamster
( JESTERS' RULE)

DOWN WITH THE LORD :mad:

I have to be the first to say it, but..........
GO TOOWOOMBA !!!!!!!!!
And of course good luck to the other teams competing.

ATTENTION BOWLERS:We will be adding a new award to the challenge this year just so we can recognise all the good talent that our JESTERS give us,
the award will be THE KING OF ALL JESTERS.There has been a couple of nominations handed in already but will have to wait on the night to find out.
The MENS SUNSHINE COAST TEAM
1. CHRIS QUAILL
2. KEN SPEARE
3. WARREN SUTHERLAND
4. PETER (pirate) BROWN
5. SHANE JACOBS
6. PETER (little jonny) McPHERSON
7. MORRIE BROOKS

THE WOMANS SUNSHINE COAST TEAM
1. TRACY JACOBS
2. NARELLE QUALISHCHEFSKI
3. JUDITH BROSNAN
4. MADDY MAGUIRE
5. JACINTA GILLILAND
6. ROBYN ST HILL
7. CINDY MATTHEWS

Ahoy there Captain. Interesting concept. So is it to stop Morrie from jumping sides to be a SSSSSSSSSSS SIR?:confused: Don't think the Upper class want a 2ft 4 inch garden gnome aligned with them.

Seriously the Gnome should stay with the most Electricfying and Entertaining bunch of the Realm. The Jesters could easily challange the Sirs/Ladies to a one game challange for Supremecy under the same format the assoc is played and come up TRUMPS!!!

The Sirs/Ladies have been worrying about an uprising for awhile as they have recruited the likes of Sir Damo and Quailly over the last couple of years.;)

Well done to a form guide. ( MEN ONLY)
Sorry Ladies but really do you want to hear a MAN's VIEW?:rolleyes:

Sunshine Coast 6-4: Home teams are hard to knock off on their own turf.( Caboolture '05 and Rocky '04) Lead by Sir Chris Quail and King's Knight Warrren Sutherland this team will be hard to beat and deserve to be FAVOURITES

Ipswich 5-2 : Without their allstar "Princess Hammeriod"( Steve Hampson was traded in the off season to Brisbane), why are they so short? Don't know. Well i do. They suffered from Tall Poppy Syndrome last year as their King's Knight brought them too much attention and everyone was gunning for them. They really like the Under The Radar approach and with a bunch of "LEGENDS" in their team they could be taking home the gold.

Gold Coast 7-2 : Last year's Runner's Up this team is always in the placings. There's some new blood for this side this year which could give them that get up and go they need to be Champs again. With the likes of State Reps Jason Pearson and David Turnage could this be the year the drought ends. The Money saids so.

Brisbane 15-4 : After years of sub-standard preformances they went on a big recruitment drive to bolster their ranks. So how good is this team when an allstar/king's knight can't make the line-up? Regular Luke Rafton and Allstar Brad "Spreggars" Spicer/Reggars, have been joined by Sir Damien "Damo" Mcandrew and Twin Tour star Greg "Alpheion" Bochenek giving this team the firepower they need to return to the Winners Circle.

Kingaroy 6-1 : Don't count this team out especially if the lanes are difficult. Sir Dean Pilgram and Walter Deveer Rep Chris Grundon provide the backbone and with the rest of the team ready for the challange they could be a thorn to any side.

Rocky 6-1 : Won the Challange 2 yrs ago and did well last year. Starting to form a formidable team around State Rep Graham Allen and Evergreen Dale Warren. Again another team if taken lightly could really hurt you.

Hervey Bay 13-2: Sir Davey Wield controls the reigns of this team and as long as they show the same passion and commitment as their grand leader they will do very well. Damo was a big loss to them this year.

Toowoomba 7-1: Have struggled since the challange was held in their home center '03. Another team that need conditions to suit. Will post more when line-up comes to hand.

Bundy 10-1 : Same as Toowoomba but would be a raging favourite if a drink was to be consumed after each frame. Man can these guys put it away.

Finally to everyone competing and attending , all have a safe journey to and from Sun City Bowl and have a GREAT TIME.

VOTE 1 VOTE JESTERS

hamster

hamster said:
Ahoy there Captain. Interesting concept. So is it to stop Morrie from jumping sides to be a SSSSSSSSSSS SIR?:confused: Don't think the Upper class want a 2ft 4 inch garden gnome aligned with them.
Seriously the Gnome should stay with the most Electricfying and Entertaining bunch of the Realm. The Jesters could easily challange the Sirs/Ladies to a one game challange for Supremecy under the same format the assoc is played and come up TRUMPS!!!
The Sirs/Ladies have been worrying about an uprising for awhile as they have recruited the likes of Sir Damo and Quailly over the last couple of years.;)
Well done to a form guide. ( MEN ONLY)
Sorry Ladies but really do you want to hear a MAN's VIEW?:rolleyes:
Sunshine Coast 6-4: Home teams are hard to knock off on their own turf.( Caboolture '05 and Rocky '04) Lead by Sir Chris Quail and King's Knight Warrren Sutherland this team will be hard to beat and deserve to be FAVOURITES
Ipswich 5-2 : Without their allstar "Princess Hammeriod"( Steve Hampson was traded in the off season to Brisbane), why are they so short? Don't know. Well i do. They suffered from Tall Poppy Syndrome last year as their King's Knight brought them too much attention and everyone was gunning for them. They really like the Under The Radar approach and with a bunch of "LEGENDS" in their team they could be taking home the gold.
Gold Coast 7-2 : Last year's Runner's Up this team is always in the placings. There's some new blood for this side this year which could give them that get up and go they need to be Champs again. With the likes of State Reps Jason Pearson and David Turnage could this be the year the drought ends. The Money saids so.
Brisbane 15-4 : After years of sub-standard preformances they went on a big recruitment drive to bolster their ranks. So how good is this team when an allstar/king's knight can't make the line-up? Regular Luke Rafton and Allstar Brad "Spreggars" Spicer/Reggars, have been joined by Sir Damien "Damo" Mcandrew and Twin Tour star Greg "Alpheion" Bochenek giving this team the firepower they need to return to the Winners Circle.
Kingaroy 6-1 : Don't count this team out especially if the lanes are difficult. Sir Dean Pilgram and Walter Deveer Rep Chris Grundon provide the backbone and with the rest of the team ready for the challange they could be a thorn to any side.
Rocky 6-1 : Won the Challange 2 yrs ago and did well last year. Starting to form a formidable team around State Rep Graham Allen and Evergreen Dale Warren. Again another team if taken lightly could really hurt you.
Hervey Bay 13-2: Sir Davey Wield controls the reigns of this team and as long as they show the same passion and commitment as their grand leader they will do very well. Damo was a big loss to them this year.
Toowoomba 7-1: Have struggled since the challange was held in their home center '03. Another team that need conditions to suit. Will post more when line-up comes to hand.
Bundy 10-1 : Same as Toowoomba but would be a raging favourite if a drink was to be consumed after each frame. Man can these guys put it away.
Finally to everyone competing and attending , all have a safe journey to and from Sun City Bowl and have a GREAT TIME.
VOTE 1 VOTE JESTERS
hamster
if u could have a fair dinkum bet on it i think my cash would be going on this side

Caboolture
Mens:
Brenden Meads
Andrew Drew
Craig McCloskey
Shanye Melton
Mark Sheehan
John Whillians
Court Jester

would i be right in saying atleast 5 of 7 have represented the state/zone?

Sorry Ninj my man, but they ain't in the form guide and i couldn't give an unbais opinion. You'll have to wait until someone else post it.

The ? should be who hasn't?

hamster

Hammo great reading you still have me laughing here and I have read it twice.

Caboolture "The Dream Team" all though they will miss the services of lefty " Sir Phil" I believe they have found a suitable replacement, in my last year team mate and 2005 all-star member Andrew "Garden Gnome" Drew. With the Court Jester becoming a "Legend" last month and throwing some huge numbers and Rachuig Bowler's Shayne Melton and Brenden Meads, whose on such a high with his bowling in the last few months. With a couple of old chestnuts Mark Sheehan and John Whillians to round out this line up, this team should not be underestimated or we will all face certain defeat. 2-1

I know its hard work but, I do think you are the right person to do a Ladies one also!!!!

Caboolture to win hands down, With there line up I would guess 3 to make all Stars,
This is how I see the men finishing

1. Caboolture
2. Sunshine Coast
3. Brisbane
4. Ipswich
5. Gold coast
6. Rocky
7. Harvey Bay
8. Toowoomba
9. Kingaroy
10. Bundy

Back