A thank you note

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
On behalf of the Gold Coast selectors I would like to thank everyone for their input and advice as to how we should go about selecting out Challenge Teams.

The PMs, the phone calls and the emails have been almost non-stop, and this has made it very difficult to thank everyone personally.
The Gold Coast is indeed fortunate to have such available input, and a special thanks must go to all those people outside the Region who have taken the trouble and the time to forward their suggestions as to who we should choose and why.
We would also like to thank all those members of the Greater Brisbane Psychics Society who have also taken the trouble to inform us of what we are about to decide.

And in the words of Mark Holden….TOUCHDOWN……………..:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Is there a TOTAL BOWLING Award for the best post of 2007?

THIS IS THE ONE - absolutely priceless, I agree Puss!

Flower

SO DO YOU WANT MY ADVICE OR NOT, ANDY?:mad::mad:
are u the physic hammo ??? If you were you would have seen this post coming hehehehehehehe ;)

Also mate can i have the first 3 place getters of Race four in Melbourne tommorow thank you very much :D

I would also like to add to Mr Shinnies’ post…

Pointy and his helpers have been checking up on the Gold Coast Association once again…;)

Here are a few facts of truth so it saves them all the phone calls and emails…

Regardless of what the council decide Mt Warren is part of the Gold Coast Association…

For those of you who think the Boundaries have changed, well this isn’t the case yet, as voting forms were only sent out to the residents this week from the electoral commission'…So it’s up to the residents to decide what Council that Mt Warren residents want to be a part of…

Even if this has changed the council boundaries have NOTHING to do with bowling…but i am sure that Pointy would be well aware of all those sorts of things going on in the world.... or perhaps on planet sharp it has all already been decided...:D

Also to Pointy and his friends I am sure the bowlers that you seem to be questioning a fully aware of the rules that they MUST BE IN A League at time of Association Challenge, just a shame that you cannot police the same rules for your own Association players since your so concerned about players on the Coast…

Also I wonder if anyone is trying out for Brisbane that either bowl at Strathpine or Redcliffe…I mean they are not under the Brisbane City Council are they, thats of course if you want to split hairs...:confused:

Smokes and mirrors I say…Or is it those who live in Glass houses shouldn’t……..

Oh and to be honest IF MT WARREN wasn’t ever part of the Gold Coast Association for whatever reason, I would Join at Ashmore bowl…I would rather sit in hours of traffic to bowl league their rather than roll off for Brisbane and be dictated too…

You can’t buy peoples souls for $2.50…;)

Hope that clears things up for now…:mad:

Also I wonder if anyone is trying out for Brisbane that either bowl at Strathpine or Redcliffe…I mean they are not under the Brisbane City Council are they, thats of course if you want to split hairs...:confused:

No no Jase, there are leagues now that you can sub in there league in a particular team and be added to there team roster, that counts as being a part of the team, geez don't you know anything,

I guessing Brisbane are after Mt Warren so they can get more people affiliated in the Brisbane area, this is what it could be about. Numbers mean everything.

lets go even further -

you can be a team member in 2 leagues in 2 different centres RUNNING ON THE SAME NIGHTS AND AT THE SAME TIME, north of the bridge......morality and sportmanship not required :confused:

lets go even further -
you can be a team member in 2 leagues in 2 different centres RUNNING ON THE SAME NIGHTS AND AT THE SAME TIME, north of the bridge......morality and sportmanship not required :confused:

Gee Broni, BOO HOO HOO :tongue: what are you referring to? Why do this on a public forum and not bring it to the attention of the league president or the team involved?? Show me where in the rule book that you can't bowl in a league and sub at another. Just sour grapes I think.

Oh by the way, what's with the sportsmanship and morality quote are you implying that we are CHEATS????? :furious:

Brad

really who cares where certain ppl have decided to bowl.
shouldn't this be about going away and having fun no matter who is bowling for what team.
ppl shouldn't have to explain themselves why they are choosing to bowl for a certain association.
for crying out loud you have ppl that roll off for state teams that dont make them then they go in the draft and bowl for other states. do we carry on about that?
i for one don't - i say good on them cos all they want to do is compete and do their best and hopefully have some fun at the same time and i would rather see these ppl bowling for someone else rather than them miss out and not see them at all.
i am one of these ppl being spoken about and i have my reasons which i shouldn't have to explain to anyone - i just wanna go away and have some fun and catch up with old friends with a little bit of bowling thrown in.
Puss

really who cares where certain ppl have decided to bowl.
shouldn't this be about going away and having fun no matter who is bowling for what team.
ppl shouldn't have to explain themselves why they are choosing to bowl for a certain association.
for crying out loud you have ppl that roll off for state teams that dont make them then they go in the draft and bowl for other states. do we carry on about that?
i for one don't - i say good on them cos all they want to do is compete and do their best and hopefully have some fun at the same time and i would rather see these ppl bowling for someone else rather than them miss out and not see them at all.
i am one of these ppl being spoken about and i have my reasons which i shouldn't have to explain to anyone - i just wanna go away and have some fun and catch up with old friends with a little bit of bowling thrown in.
Puss

Totally agree with your post Cathy,

We have been sitting here for the past month saying "FOR F**K SAKE" it's association challenge. It's supposed to be the biggest party (I mean) bowling event on the calendar. As long as you abide by the rules, then who gives a toss who you bowl for.

Bowling should change it's name to slinging. Over the past month the whole emphasis has been "Let's sling as much mud as we can and see how much will stick" Grow up, get a life and find something more useful to do with your time!!!

The simplicity of the Gold Coast debate is IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FORMAT (ie: selection process)
THEN DON'T BOWL

Honestly, some people just have too much time on their hands and want to stir S*H*I*T. Move on people, nominate or roll off for your preferred association and hopefully you'll make the team and let the battle play out on the lanes!!!

No wonder bowling is going down the S*H*I*T shoot, the element of fun has died and what the hell do we have to look forward too????

Anyway, breathe in - breathe out

Have a good day people and GOOD LUCK to all the people trying out for Gold Coast. We look forward to hearing the verdict from the selection committee very soon :gathering2:

No one should EVER have to explain their decisions or feel obligated to defend those decisions to ANYONE!

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom